Re: Yesterday's Meeting

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23, 2006
      Frank plans on going to the Tulsa show. As do I and Bob Spence.As
      does fred and Linda. Anyone else from the DFW area? jim...
      --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <fredaudio@...> wrote:

      > Thanks, Frank, for hosting the meeting. The food was great, in fact
      > the only thing I liked better was your new MBOW1 three way
      speakers.
      > Some of the music we heard was from the following disks:
      >
      > 1) "Our New Orleans 2005" - A benefit disk of music from New
      Orleans
      > performers, proceeds to go to Habitat For Humanity.
      >
      > 2) "Songlines" by the Derek Trucks band.
      >
      > 3) "The Bass and I" by Ron Carter.
      >
      > 4) "This Girl's Got To Play" by Joyce Cooling (that was the
      elevator
      > jazz disk).
      >
      > 5) "Songs From The Analog Playground" by the Charlie Hunter Quartet
      > (that's the one with two Norah Jones tracks that predate her own
      > releases).
      >
      > Whenever I attend an audio meeting I leave one or two disks behind.
      > So this time I carefully counted the six disks I arrived with, and
      > when I left I counted eight - the six I brought plus two I got from
      > Jim's giveaway pile. Or so I thought. The eight I left with
      included
      > five that I had brought, plus the one Oscar returned to me from the
      > last meeting, plus the two from Jim. Songs from the Analog
      > Playground are still in Denton. Frank, enjoy it until the next
      > meeting, when you can return it to me.

    • tim nickerson
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 24, 2006
        I plan to attend the great Plains Audio show also.

        Had family visiting this weekend and missed theshow.

        Looking forward to my 'audio fix' in Tulsa.

        Tim

      • budandfun
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 24, 2006
          I am glad that you guys had a good time and I really do enjoy
          hosting… Its easy when you have a good group of folks and music!

          Looking forward to seeing you al in Tulsa…

          Thanks

          Frank

          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <fredaudio@...> wrote:

          > Thanks, Frank, for hosting the meeting. The food was great, in fact
          > the only thing I liked better was your new MBOW1 three way speakers.
          > Some of the music we heard was from the following disks:
          >
          > 1) "Our New Orleans 2005" - A benefit disk of music from New Orleans
          > performers, proceeds to go to Habitat For Humanity.
          >
          > 2) "Songlines" by the Derek Trucks band.
          >
          > 3) "The Bass and I" by Ron Carter.
          >
          > 4) "This Girl's Got To Play" by Joyce Cooling (that was the elevator
          > jazz disk).
          >
          > 5) "Songs From The Analog Playground" by the Charlie Hunter Quartet
          > (that's the one with two Norah Jones tracks that predate her own
          > releases).
          >
          > Whenever I attend an audio meeting I leave one or two disks behind.
          > So this time I carefully counted the six disks I arrived with, and
          > when I left I counted eight - the six I brought plus two I got from
          > Jim's giveaway pile. Or so I thought. The eight I left with included
          > five that I had brought, plus the one Oscar returned to me from the
          > last meeting, plus the two from Jim. Songs from the Analog
          > Playground are still in Denton. Frank, enjoy it until the next
          > meeting, when you can return it to me.

        • Ponton, Kenneth D
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 25, 2006

            I missed the meeting also. But Tulsa would be nice. Maybe a trip to the Tulsa Zoo one day, next day checkout the Tulsa show.

            Ken Ponton

            --- Jim <jim@...> wrote:

            > Frank plans on going to the Tulsa
            show. As do I and
            > Bob Spence.As
            > does fred and Linda. Anyone else from the DFW area?
            > jim...
            > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Fred"
            > <fredaudio@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Thanks, Frank, for hosting the meeting. The food
            > was great, in fact
            > > the only thing I liked better was your new MBOW1
            > three way
            > speakers.
            > > Some of the music we heard was from the following
            > disks:
            > >
            > > 1) "Our New Orleans 2005" - A benefit disk of
            > music from New
            > Orleans
            > > performers, proceeds to go to Habitat For
            > Humanity.
            > >
            > > 2) "Songlines" by the Derek Trucks band.
            > >
            > > 3) "The Bass and I" by Ron Carter.
            > >
            > > 4) "This Girl's Got To Play" by Joyce Cooling
            > (that was the
            > elevator
            > > jazz disk).
            > >
            > > 5) "Songs From The Analog Playground" by the
            > Charlie Hunter Quartet
            > > (that's the one with two Norah Jones tracks that
            > predate her own
            > > releases).
            > >
            > > Whenever I attend an audio meeting I leave one or
            > two disks behind.
            > > So this time I carefully counted the six disks I
            > arrived with, and
            > > when I left I counted eight - the six I brought
            > plus two I got from
            > > Jim's giveaway pile. Or so I thought. The eight I
            > left with
            > included
            > > five that I had brought, plus the one Oscar
            > returned to me from the
            > > last meeting, plus the two from Jim. Songs from
            > the Analog
            > > Playground are still in Denton .
            Frank, enjoy it
            > until the next
            > > meeting, when you can return it to me.

          • Johno Kantz
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 27, 2006
              man, I'm sad I couldn't make it. Was busy workin'. Even worse, I'm a
              fellow Dentonite. It would not have been much of a trek to come out and say
              'hi'.

              Been having a time with the records I picked up from last meeting. That
              Patti Smith LP I found in the box has been getting a lot of play ;) - Thanks
              Jim.

              Maybe next time...
              ~J. Kantz