RE: [dallasaudioclub] can anyone turn me a couple of pairs of wood phase plugs

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 27, 2004
      You mean something like this (don't laugh)
      http://audioprogress.free.fr/

      hmm ... might try sticking ping pong balls onto a
      dowel

      Thanks,

      Vinay

      "http://www.chimeralabs.com/"http://www.chimeralabs.com/

      "http://home.att.net/~chimeraone/index.html"http://home.att.net/~chimera

      "http://www.planet10-hifi.com/pp-info.html"http://www.planet10-hifi.com/

      "http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail"http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_ma
      > il
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > HYPERLINK

      "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129aqbb40/M=288055.5305875.6411081.2127756/

      D=groups/S=1705017563:HM/EXP=1093709235/A=2193927/R=0/SIG=12h94mm4e/*htt

      p:/store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?yhst-56407110520241+QADt9Y+icopydvds2.h

      "http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=288055.5305875.6411081.2127756/D=group
      > s/S=:HM/A=2193927/rand=833972779"
      >
      > _____
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > HYPERLINK

      > group/dallasaudioclub/

      > email to:
      > HYPERLINK

      > the HYPERLINK
      > "http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/"Yahoo! Terms of
      > Service.
      >
      > ---
      > Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
      > Checked by AVG anti-virus system
      > (http://www.grisoft.com).
      > Date: 8/19/2004
      >

      > ---
      > Checked by AVG anti-virus system
      > (http://www.grisoft.com).
      > Date: 8/19/2004

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Dennis Boyle
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 27, 2004
        Thanks for the link...Using "off the shelf" plastic was pretty creative
        and the exponential phase plug sure tamed the infamous Lowther bump.
        There is a message there, if you take the time to think about it.

        The large Lowther "doorknob" wood phase plug used on the TP1s started
        life as a drawer pull knob.

        Maybe you can find a lot of things to try at the Grocery and Hardware
        stores. Let us know what you find out.

        Dennis Boyle
        Chimera Laboratories
        Website: http://www.chimeralabs.com/
        Website: http://home.att.net/~chimeraone/index.html

        You mean something like this (don't laugh)
        http://audioprogress.free.fr/

        hmm ... might try sticking ping pong balls onto a
        dowel

        Thanks,

        Vinay
        --- Dennis Boyle <chimeraone@...> wrote:

        > You might want to consider doing the same thing
        > Voight did with the
        > Lowther drivers, find some wooden drawer pulls in
        > various shapes. You
        > might be able to use a short threaded rod to mount
        > them in a drill press
        > or a lathe chuck and shape them with a wood rasp.
        >
        > There were some interesting posts on the web about
        > the effectiveness of
        > various plug shapes to improve the frequency
        > response of the Lowther DX
        > drivers. When my computer blew up a couple of months
        > ago I lost all the
        > web links I had on file……lost all the fascinating
        > stuff I would probably
        > never use.
        >
        > Dennis Boyle
        > Chimera Laboratories