Re: Great Plains Audio Fest Reminder

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
      I can hardly wait. I'm feverishlly building and hope to have two pair
      of amps ready by then. 50 monos. See home page photo. And 15 watt 7027A
      based amps. One done and one to go. jim...

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 24, 2006
        This year it's on May 5th, 6th, and 7th.

        So everybody will know what to expect, I plan to have the following
        components in our suite: Onix XCD-88 CD player as transport, modded
        Lite Audio DAC-60, modded generic Chinese tube preamp, Audio Mirror
        6C33C SET monoblocks, DIY 95dB two-way floorstanding speakers (the
        ones I brought to Saturday's meeting), Belkin power conditioner,
        cables, equipment stand, etc. I'll also bring a couple of 24 packs
        of Shiner to put in the fridge for medicinal use as a homesickness
        antidote. There won't be room for any vinyl equipment or for any
        other speakers in our suite, but bring your favorite electronic
        components to slip into the system, and a few of your favorite CD's
        too.

        We plan to arrive about noon on Friday (May 5th) and to leave Sunday
        morning (sorry, Linda has jury duty on Monday so we have drive back
        to Houston on Sunday).

        http://www.greatplainsaudiofest.com/
      • budandfun
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 24, 2006
          No room for a big pair of horns? :-( What room did you get and how
          much was it?

          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <fredaudio@...> wrote:

          > This year it's on May 5th, 6th, and 7th.
          >
          > So everybody will know what to expect, I plan to have the following
          > components in our suite: Onix XCD-88 CD player as transport, modded
          > Lite Audio DAC-60, modded generic Chinese tube preamp, Audio Mirror
          > 6C33C SET monoblocks, DIY 95dB two-way floorstanding speakers (the
          > ones I brought to Saturday's meeting), Belkin power conditioner,
          > cables, equipment stand, etc. I'll also bring a couple of 24 packs
          > of Shiner to put in the fridge for medicinal use as a homesickness
          > antidote. There won't be room for any vinyl equipment or for any
          > other speakers in our suite, but bring your favorite electronic
          > components to slip into the system, and a few of your favorite CD's
          > too.
          >
          > We plan to arrive about noon on Friday (May 5th) and to leave Sunday
          > morning (sorry, Linda has jury duty on Monday so we have drive back
          > to Houston on Sunday).
          >
          > http://www.greatplainsaudiofest.com/

        • Fred Thompson
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 24, 2006
            I got a king suite like I had last year. Take a look at the room diagrams in the link below. I'll have them remove the TVand the table/chairs. It's not very big, and there's a strong midbass node when you're sitting close to the opposite wall, but that's the way it is with hotel rooms. I have no idea what room number it will be, but they assigned all the exhibitors rooms on the same floor last year. Wayne plans to have a poster in the lobby with exhibitors' room numbers. The room is $114/nite.

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 24, 2006
              Forgot to include the link. It's
              http://www.greatplainsaudiofest.com/registration.html

              --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Thompson"