Re: [dallasaudioclub] Inexpensive Tube Amp Options for J.

  • mdchilds1155@mesh.net
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 10, 2006
      J,

      You might take a look at the diytube.com ST35 clone. It's a modified Mullard design clone of the Dynaco ST35...EL84 push/pull. It's about 17/18 watts per channel and sounds really nice. They have a great forum over there and the guy who sells the board is really good about answering questions. You get a taste of DIY without jumping right into point-to-point wiring. I built one and if I make it to the meeting, I'll bring it along.

      Mark

      Fred <fredaudio@...> wrote :

      > If you can go pure DIY there are lots of options.
      >
      > If you would prefer a kit the two that come to mind are the $369
      > Bottlehead SEX amp and the $299 Abraxas Audio Spud amp kits. Abraxas
      > also provides the schematic and parts list if you would prefer to
      > save a few dollars by building that one yourself.
      >

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      >  Visit your group "
    • russman_dac
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 14, 2006
        That little Radii is SICK, one of the best buys I've ever made in
        audio. If you do talk to Franz (the tuner guy), he'll take good care
        of you - I love doing business with him.

        I'll see what I can dig up that's affordable pre-meet.

        Welcome!

        Cheers,
        Russ
      • russman_dac
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 15, 2006
          Ok, on the affordable side, I have a pair of ASL Wave 20 monoblocks.
          Push pull 6L6, 20-22 watts. One 12AX7 front end driver, solid state
          rectification. Asking $275 for the pair.

          Cheers,
          Russ
        • Fred Thompson

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 17, 2006