Re: [dallasaudioclub] Re: For Sale - EZ As Pie Speakers $200

  • AudioFile Records
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 8 9:12 PM
      hello everyone, its J.  kinda new to this club but love reading the posts.
      im a 21 year old audiophile, if you believe that and am a fellow patron of your obsession.
      i have built a pair of single driver busche horns and am looking for the most tube amp for my money (DIY or not) and obliviously it doesnt need to be powerful.  if all  possible  i would like to meet with all of you at the meeting on the  18th.
      if anyone has some information on some glass power i'd love to hear about it. im kind of on a budget thanks to wonderful tuition so anything can help.

      glad to be a part of a sound cult (no pun intended)

      On 2/27/06, russman_dac <ranchodeaudio@...> wrote:
      Keep building them, I'll keep buying them.  These other guys will learn
      someday.

      Audio gear Digital audio Audio

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 9 6:28 PM
        If you can go pure DIY there are lots of options.

        If you would prefer a kit the two that come to mind are the $369
        Bottlehead SEX amp and the $299 Abraxas Audio Spud amp kits. Abraxas
        also provides the schematic and parts list if you would prefer to
        save a few dollars by building that one yourself.
        http://www.bottlehead.com/et/adobespc/S.E.X./SEX.htm
        http://home.att.net/~abraxasaudio/projects/6197info/kit.html

        The best deal I know of out there for a new tube amp is the $295
        Radii MPP-08 mini power amp. You can hear it at Russ' house. You
        would also need a preamp, but it's easy to build a passive
        attenuator t ocontrol the volume.
        http://www.thetunerguy.com/new_radii.html

        Used tube equipment can be found on Audiogon and Ebay.

        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "AudioFile Records"
        <audiofilerecords@...> wrote:

        > hello everyone, its J. kinda new to this club but love reading
        the posts.
        > im a 21 year old audiophile, if you believe that and am a fellow
        patron of
        > your obsession.
        > i have built a pair of single driver busche horns and am looking
        for the
        > most tube amp for my money (DIY or not) and obliviously it doesnt
        need to be
        > powerful. if all possible i would like to meet with all of you
        at the
        > meeting on the 18th.
        > if anyone has some information on some glass power i'd love to
        hear about
        > it. im kind of on a budget thanks to wonderful tuition so anything
        can help.

        > glad to be a part of a sound cult (no pun intended)

        > On 2/27/06, russman_dac <ranchodeaudio@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Keep building them, I'll keep buying them. These other guys
        will learn
        > > someday.

        t=ms&k=Audio+gear&w1=Audio+gear&w2=Digital+audio&w3=Audio&c=3&s=46&.s
        ig=KjbjUP6FnGCJ4Jd8xjkUFw> Digital
        > > audio<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Digital+audio&w1=Audio+gear&w2=Digital+audio&w3=Audio&c=3&s=46
        &.sig=Cxw1JE8REh-4-GZfkSB9Ow>
        > > Audio<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Audio&w1=Audio+gear&w2=Digital+audio&w3=Audio&c=3&s=46&.sig=7h
        2Lwh0mKFBSnoXUxWFJGg>
        "

      • mdchilds1155@mesh.net
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 10 7:27 AM
          J,

          You might take a look at the diytube.com ST35 clone. It's a modified Mullard design clone of the Dynaco ST35...EL84 push/pull. It's about 17/18 watts per channel and sounds really nice. They have a great forum over there and the guy who sells the board is really good about answering questions. You get a taste of DIY without jumping right into point-to-point wiring. I built one and if I make it to the meeting, I'll bring it along.

          Mark

          Fred <fredaudio@...> wrote :

          > If you can go pure DIY there are lots of options.
          >
          > If you would prefer a kit the two that come to mind are the $369
          > Bottlehead SEX amp and the $299 Abraxas Audio Spud amp kits. Abraxas
          > also provides the schematic and parts list if you would prefer to
          > save a few dollars by building that one yourself.
          >

          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >

          >  Visit your group "
        • russman_dac
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 14 7:57 AM
            That little Radii is SICK, one of the best buys I've ever made in
            audio. If you do talk to Franz (the tuner guy), he'll take good care
            of you - I love doing business with him.

            I'll see what I can dig up that's affordable pre-meet.

            Welcome!

            Cheers,
            Russ
          • russman_dac
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 15 2:06 PM
              Ok, on the affordable side, I have a pair of ASL Wave 20 monoblocks.
              Push pull 6L6, 20-22 watts. One 12AX7 front end driver, solid state
              rectification. Asking $275 for the pair.

              Cheers,
              Russ
            • Fred Thompson

                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 17 11:36 AM