Re: For Sale - EZ As Pie Speakers $200

  • russman_dac
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 5, 2006
      Nope, the Spud moved on down the road, to a friend looking to 'try' SEP.

      In the flea category, I have the Radii 8w Stereo push pull 6BM8, and a
      pair of 211 SE monoblocks good for 12 glorious watts.
    • AudioFile Records
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 8, 2006
        hello everyone, its J.  kinda new to this club but love reading the posts.
        im a 21 year old audiophile, if you believe that and am a fellow patron of your obsession.
        i have built a pair of single driver busche horns and am looking for the most tube amp for my money (DIY or not) and obliviously it doesnt need to be powerful.  if all  possible  i would like to meet with all of you at the meeting on the  18th.
        if anyone has some information on some glass power i'd love to hear about it. im kind of on a budget thanks to wonderful tuition so anything can help.

        glad to be a part of a sound cult (no pun intended)

        On 2/27/06, russman_dac <ranchodeaudio@...> wrote:
        Keep building them, I'll keep buying them.  These other guys will learn
        someday.

        Audio gear Digital audio Audio

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 9, 2006
          If you can go pure DIY there are lots of options.

          If you would prefer a kit the two that come to mind are the $369
          Bottlehead SEX amp and the $299 Abraxas Audio Spud amp kits. Abraxas
          also provides the schematic and parts list if you would prefer to
          save a few dollars by building that one yourself.
          http://www.bottlehead.com/et/adobespc/S.E.X./SEX.htm
          http://home.att.net/~abraxasaudio/projects/6197info/kit.html

          The best deal I know of out there for a new tube amp is the $295
          Radii MPP-08 mini power amp. You can hear it at Russ' house. You
          would also need a preamp, but it's easy to build a passive
          attenuator t ocontrol the volume.
          http://www.thetunerguy.com/new_radii.html

          Used tube equipment can be found on Audiogon and Ebay.

          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "AudioFile Records"
          <audiofilerecords@...> wrote:

          > hello everyone, its J. kinda new to this club but love reading
          the posts.
          > im a 21 year old audiophile, if you believe that and am a fellow
          patron of
          > your obsession.
          > i have built a pair of single driver busche horns and am looking
          for the
          > most tube amp for my money (DIY or not) and obliviously it doesnt
          need to be
          > powerful. if all possible i would like to meet with all of you
          at the
          > meeting on the 18th.
          > if anyone has some information on some glass power i'd love to
          hear about
          > it. im kind of on a budget thanks to wonderful tuition so anything
          can help.

          > glad to be a part of a sound cult (no pun intended)

          > On 2/27/06, russman_dac <ranchodeaudio@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Keep building them, I'll keep buying them. These other guys
          will learn
          > > someday.

          t=ms&k=Audio+gear&w1=Audio+gear&w2=Digital+audio&w3=Audio&c=3&s=46&.s
          ig=KjbjUP6FnGCJ4Jd8xjkUFw> Digital
          > > audio<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Digital+audio&w1=Audio+gear&w2=Digital+audio&w3=Audio&c=3&s=46
          &.sig=Cxw1JE8REh-4-GZfkSB9Ow>
          > > Audio<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Audio&w1=Audio+gear&w2=Digital+audio&w3=Audio&c=3&s=46&.sig=7h
          2Lwh0mKFBSnoXUxWFJGg>
          "

        • mdchilds1155@mesh.net
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 10, 2006
            J,

            You might take a look at the diytube.com ST35 clone. It's a modified Mullard design clone of the Dynaco ST35...EL84 push/pull. It's about 17/18 watts per channel and sounds really nice. They have a great forum over there and the guy who sells the board is really good about answering questions. You get a taste of DIY without jumping right into point-to-point wiring. I built one and if I make it to the meeting, I'll bring it along.

            Mark

            Fred <fredaudio@...> wrote :

            > If you can go pure DIY there are lots of options.
            >
            > If you would prefer a kit the two that come to mind are the $369
            > Bottlehead SEX amp and the $299 Abraxas Audio Spud amp kits. Abraxas
            > also provides the schematic and parts list if you would prefer to
            > save a few dollars by building that one yourself.
            >

            > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >

            >  Visit your group "
          • russman_dac
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 14, 2006
              That little Radii is SICK, one of the best buys I've ever made in
              audio. If you do talk to Franz (the tuner guy), he'll take good care
              of you - I love doing business with him.

              I'll see what I can dig up that's affordable pre-meet.

              Welcome!

              Cheers,
              Russ
            • russman_dac
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 15, 2006
                Ok, on the affordable side, I have a pair of ASL Wave 20 monoblocks.
                Push pull 6L6, 20-22 watts. One 12AX7 front end driver, solid state
                rectification. Asking $275 for the pair.

                Cheers,
                Russ
              • Fred Thompson

                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 17, 2006