Re: Gear for Sale

  • Russ
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 27, 2004
      Nope, totally different animal. Jim, when you call Polk to order,
      ask for Ken Swauger (VP), and tell him who you are, that I sent you
      and said to give you the 'special' price on the tweeters.

      He actually is in the process of modding at KT-7500, fyi.

      Cheers,
      Russ

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 27, 2004
        Does anyone on this board have a lathe setup that can
        turn a bullet point on some 3/4 to 1" wooden dowel?

        something like this :
        http://www.planet10-hifi.com/pp-info.html

        planning to put the fostex 166e under the knife
        someday and install (removeable) plugs to observe
        their effect on dispersion and high frequency
        extension .

        thanks, Vinay

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Dennis Boyle
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 27, 2004

          You might want to consider doing the same thing Voight did with the Lowther drivers, find some wooden drawer pulls in various shapes. You might be able to use a short threaded rod to mount them in a drill press or a lathe chuck and shape them with a wood rasp.

          There were some interesting posts on the web about the effectiveness of various plug shapes to improve the frequency response  of the Lowther DX drivers. When my computer blew up a couple of months ago I lost all the web links I had on file……lost all the fascinating stuff I would probably never use.

          Dennis Boyle

          Chimera Laboratories

          Website: http://www.chimeralabs.com/

          Website: http://home.att.net/~chimeraone/index.html

          Does anyone on this board have a lathe setup that can
          turn a bullet point on some 3/4 to 1" wooden dowel?

          something like this :
          http://www.planet10-hifi.com/pp-info.html

          planning to put the fostex 166e under the knife
          someday and install (removeable) plugs to observe
          their effect on dispersion and high frequency
          extension .

          thanks, Vinay

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

          ---
          Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

          ---

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 27, 2004
            You mean something like this (don't laugh)
            http://audioprogress.free.fr/

            hmm ... might try sticking ping pong balls onto a
            dowel

            Thanks,

            Vinay

            "http://www.chimeralabs.com/"http://www.chimeralabs.com/

            "http://home.att.net/~chimeraone/index.html"http://home.att.net/~chimera

            "http://www.planet10-hifi.com/pp-info.html"http://www.planet10-hifi.com/

            "http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail"http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_ma
            > il
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            > HYPERLINK

            "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129aqbb40/M=288055.5305875.6411081.2127756/

            D=groups/S=1705017563:HM/EXP=1093709235/A=2193927/R=0/SIG=12h94mm4e/*htt

            p:/store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?yhst-56407110520241+QADt9Y+icopydvds2.h

            "http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=288055.5305875.6411081.2127756/D=group
            > s/S=:HM/A=2193927/rand=833972779"
            >
            > _____
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > HYPERLINK

            > group/dallasaudioclub/

            > email to:
            > HYPERLINK

            > the HYPERLINK
            > "http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/"Yahoo! Terms of
            > Service.
            >
            > ---
            > Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
            > Checked by AVG anti-virus system
            > (http://www.grisoft.com).
            > Date: 8/19/2004
            >

            > ---
            > Checked by AVG anti-virus system
            > (http://www.grisoft.com).
            > Date: 8/19/2004

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Dennis Boyle
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 27, 2004
              Thanks for the link...Using "off the shelf" plastic was pretty creative
              and the exponential phase plug sure tamed the infamous Lowther bump.
              There is a message there, if you take the time to think about it.

              The large Lowther "doorknob" wood phase plug used on the TP1s started
              life as a drawer pull knob.

              Maybe you can find a lot of things to try at the Grocery and Hardware
              stores. Let us know what you find out.

              Dennis Boyle
              Chimera Laboratories
              Website: http://www.chimeralabs.com/
              Website: http://home.att.net/~chimeraone/index.html

              You mean something like this (don't laugh)
              http://audioprogress.free.fr/

              hmm ... might try sticking ping pong balls onto a
              dowel

              Thanks,

              Vinay
              --- Dennis Boyle <chimeraone@...> wrote:

              > You might want to consider doing the same thing
              > Voight did with the
              > Lowther drivers, find some wooden drawer pulls in
              > various shapes. You
              > might be able to use a short threaded rod to mount
              > them in a drill press
              > or a lathe chuck and shape them with a wood rasp.
              >
              > There were some interesting posts on the web about
              > the effectiveness of
              > various plug shapes to improve the frequency
              > response of the Lowther DX
              > drivers. When my computer blew up a couple of months
              > ago I lost all the
              > web links I had on file……lost all the fascinating
              > stuff I would probably
              > never use.
              >
              > Dennis Boyle
              > Chimera Laboratories