Oscar's grand party and smaller gatherings.

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2006
      Oscar's party was a blast but I fear many members would not wish to host something that large. Again, I will propose smaller gatherings in member's homes. Say invite 10 or less friends (or members) and share new music that catches your ear. I've had several of these and they work well. In other news, about 40 vinyl albums were grabbed up Saturday. Thanks again, Dennis. There will be more for the next meeting. Maybe some CDs also, as I may trim my collection. Oh yeah, an artist I really liked, heard at a different audio club's meeting was Jack Johnson. Ò¿Ò  jim...
    • oscar_in_fw
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2006
        "blessing" your house with their favorite music.

        E.g. "Time Warp". Erich Kunzel/Cincinnati Pops (Telarc) CD -this has "JR" printed on the
        CD in probable "Jim Rivers" font.
        Susan Tedeschi "Hope and Desire" (Verve) CD

        And a small wooden gizmo 5x5" base with 3" tall wooden column in the middle with a half
        circle cut out of the top. If I had to guess, this would be a cable "elevator".

        If you really didn't mean to leave this stuff behind, let me know.

        Also, if I had to do it all over again knowing how many people and associated gear were
        going to appear, I would have squeezed a third setup in one of the bedrooms. OTOH, I
        don't plan on hosting anything that large again without serious "incentives" even though I
        had a blast.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2006
          Hi Oscar, "Time Warp" is indeed Jim Rivers' CD. You said you wanted to make a copy. The home made cable lifter is also mine. One of 4 made by member Ken Valliant.   Ò¿Ò  jim...
          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "oscar_in_fw" <obautista_1@c...> wrote:

          > "blessing" your house with their favorite music.
          >
          > E.g. "Time Warp". Erich Kunzel/Cincinnati Pops (Telarc) CD -this has "JR" printed on the
          > CD in probable "Jim Rivers" font.
          > Susan Tedeschi "Hope and Desire" (Verve) CD
          >
          > And a small wooden gizmo 5x5" base with 3" tall wooden column in the middle with a half
          > circle cut out of the top. If I had to guess, this would be a cable "elevator".
          >
          > If you really didn't mean to leave this stuff behind, let me know.
          >
          > Also, if I had to do it all over again knowing how many people and associated gear were
          > going to appear, I would have squeezed a third setup in one of the bedrooms. OTOH, I
          > don't plan on hosting anything that large again without serious "incentives" even though I
          > had a blast.
          >
          > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "jim@f..." jim@f... wrote:
          > >
          > > Oscar's party was a blast but I fear many members would not wish to host something
          > that large. Again, I will propose smaller gatherings in member's homes. Say invite 10 or
          > less friends (or members) and share new music that catches your ear. I've had several of
          > these and they work well. In other news, about 40 vinyl albums were grabbed up Saturday.
          > Thanks again, Dennis. There will be more for the next meeting. Maybe some CDs also, as I
          > may trim my collection. Oh yeah, an artist I really liked, heard at a different audio club's
          > meeting was Jack Johnson. Ò¿Ò jim...

        • Fred Thompson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 27, 2006
            The Susan Tedeschi is mine. I'll get if from you next time we're at the same meeting, if ever. In the meantime, enjoy!

            Fred