Re: Gear for Sale

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 27, 2004
      Polk RT8's? Can I assume those silk domes are NOT the ones that will
      work in SDA 2's? jim...
      --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Russ" <ranchodeaudio@c...>

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 27, 2004
        Pics on request? OK, got any pics of last night's meeting? 8:-) jim...
        wrote:
        >> Pics on request.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Russ
      • Russ
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 27, 2004
          Got a lot of pics from last night, they'll be up this weekend.

          Cheers,
          Russ
        • Russ
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 27, 2004
            Nope, totally different animal. Jim, when you call Polk to order,
            ask for Ken Swauger (VP), and tell him who you are, that I sent you
            and said to give you the 'special' price on the tweeters.

            He actually is in the process of modding at KT-7500, fyi.

            Cheers,
            Russ

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 27, 2004
              Does anyone on this board have a lathe setup that can
              turn a bullet point on some 3/4 to 1" wooden dowel?

              something like this :
              http://www.planet10-hifi.com/pp-info.html

              planning to put the fostex 166e under the knife
              someday and install (removeable) plugs to observe
              their effect on dispersion and high frequency
              extension .

              thanks, Vinay

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            • Dennis Boyle
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 27, 2004

                You might want to consider doing the same thing Voight did with the Lowther drivers, find some wooden drawer pulls in various shapes. You might be able to use a short threaded rod to mount them in a drill press or a lathe chuck and shape them with a wood rasp.

                There were some interesting posts on the web about the effectiveness of various plug shapes to improve the frequency response  of the Lowther DX drivers. When my computer blew up a couple of months ago I lost all the web links I had on file……lost all the fascinating stuff I would probably never use.

                Dennis Boyle

                Chimera Laboratories

                Website: http://www.chimeralabs.com/

                Website: http://home.att.net/~chimeraone/index.html

                Does anyone on this board have a lathe setup that can
                turn a bullet point on some 3/4 to 1" wooden dowel?

                something like this :
                http://www.planet10-hifi.com/pp-info.html

                planning to put the fostex 166e under the knife
                someday and install (removeable) plugs to observe
                their effect on dispersion and high frequency
                extension .

                thanks, Vinay

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

                ---
                Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

                ---

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 27, 2004
                  You mean something like this (don't laugh)
                  http://audioprogress.free.fr/

                  hmm ... might try sticking ping pong balls onto a
                  dowel

                  Thanks,

                  Vinay

                  "http://www.chimeralabs.com/"http://www.chimeralabs.com/

                  "http://home.att.net/~chimeraone/index.html"http://home.att.net/~chimera

                  "http://www.planet10-hifi.com/pp-info.html"http://www.planet10-hifi.com/

                  "http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail"http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_ma
                  > il
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  > HYPERLINK

                  "http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129aqbb40/M=288055.5305875.6411081.2127756/

                  D=groups/S=1705017563:HM/EXP=1093709235/A=2193927/R=0/SIG=12h94mm4e/*htt

                  p:/store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?yhst-56407110520241+QADt9Y+icopydvds2.h

                  "http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=288055.5305875.6411081.2127756/D=group
                  > s/S=:HM/A=2193927/rand=833972779"
                  >
                  > _____
                  >
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  > HYPERLINK

                  > group/dallasaudioclub/

                  > email to:
                  > HYPERLINK

                  > the HYPERLINK
                  > "http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/"Yahoo! Terms of
                  > Service.
                  >
                  > ---
                  > Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
                  > Checked by AVG anti-virus system
                  > (http://www.grisoft.com).
                  > Date: 8/19/2004
                  >

                  > ---
                  > Checked by AVG anti-virus system
                  > (http://www.grisoft.com).
                  > Date: 8/19/2004

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Dennis Boyle
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 27, 2004
                    Thanks for the link...Using "off the shelf" plastic was pretty creative
                    and the exponential phase plug sure tamed the infamous Lowther bump.
                    There is a message there, if you take the time to think about it.

                    The large Lowther "doorknob" wood phase plug used on the TP1s started
                    life as a drawer pull knob.

                    Maybe you can find a lot of things to try at the Grocery and Hardware
                    stores. Let us know what you find out.

                    Dennis Boyle
                    Chimera Laboratories
                    Website: http://www.chimeralabs.com/
                    Website: http://home.att.net/~chimeraone/index.html

                    You mean something like this (don't laugh)
                    http://audioprogress.free.fr/

                    hmm ... might try sticking ping pong balls onto a
                    dowel

                    Thanks,

                    Vinay
                    --- Dennis Boyle <chimeraone@...> wrote:

                    > You might want to consider doing the same thing
                    > Voight did with the
                    > Lowther drivers, find some wooden drawer pulls in
                    > various shapes. You
                    > might be able to use a short threaded rod to mount
                    > them in a drill press
                    > or a lathe chuck and shape them with a wood rasp.
                    >
                    > There were some interesting posts on the web about
                    > the effectiveness of
                    > various plug shapes to improve the frequency
                    > response of the Lowther DX
                    > drivers. When my computer blew up a couple of months
                    > ago I lost all the
                    > web links I had on file……lost all the fascinating
                    > stuff I would probably
                    > never use.
                    >
                    > Dennis Boyle
                    > Chimera Laboratories