Re: Jan 21 meeting. Just a few thoughts on what I listened to...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2006

      OSCAR: "[quote] What I remembered most was the sound coming from those speakers labeled "JM Labs" (were these modded ?) and the tube-based system driving them. That system worked really well in my living room and something like it might eventually make a permanent home there. "

      JIM: The JM Labs are stock. The tube amp circuit was designed by Walter Delesandri and built by me. That and a tube linestage are my reference system when reviewing FM tuners here...
      http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/shootouts.html

      OSCAR: [quote]  while the DODD was smoother.....
      [/quote]I was highly impressed with the 120W Dodd amp. It did an excellent job taming the stridency evident on too many of my recordings with Classe

      JIM:  Hey Oscar. Be careful! If you're thinking of buying Mr. Dodd's tube gear for a living room system. Your home theater may gather dust as you just sit back and enjoy music in there for hours!