"Show & Tell" Room at Great Plains Audio Fest

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2006
      Linda and I will host a "Show & Tell" room at this year's GPAF on May
      5,6,& 7. That's like a "DIY" room, except it's not limited to DIY
      equipment. Everything is welcome, including tube, solid state, DIY,
      built-from-a-kit, store bought, gainclones, Tripath, etc. You just
      show up with your favorite audio component so everybody else can hear
      its glorious sound. We'll provide a basic system including equipment
      rack, power conditioner, CD player, DAC, preamp, amp, cables, and a
      pair of high efficiency (98dB)speakers. Sorry, no vinyl.

      The GPAF is very small by audio show standards, and it's focus is on
      non-mainstream audio equipment. Its Tulsa location doesn't draw nearly
      the number of visitors as other shows, but that's a big advantage to
      visitors who want to hear the equipment with minumum distractions.
      Visitors from the DFW area usually plan to stay overnight Saturday and
      join the exhibitors Saturday evening for an informal and inexpensive
      dinner at a local restaurant. Rooms at the Embassy suites are a bit
      dear ($100+), but last year Thatch and others got rooms at nearby
      hotels for about half that amount. So you're all invited to join us
      with your favorite CD's and your favorite pieces of gear.

      Link to the GPAF web site: http://www.greatplainsaudiofest.com/
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2006
        Count me in of course. Bob Spence and I staid at the hotel next door for a much better rate. I may even donate a turntable/phono stage, unless space is a problem. New Home Page photo is me speaker hugging one of Fred's masterpieces! The Selah. Ò¿Ò jim...