Next official meeting is January 21, 2006

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 11, 2006

      Greetings Dallas (and Ft.Worth) Audio Club members.

      Don't forget our next meeting is in Ft. Worth on January 21 'st. That's a Saturday from noon until 6. If the closing time is wrong, Oscar will let me know. A friend of Oscars will be bringing a super sophisticated digital playback system. The  DCC2/CDSD Meitner combo that some have suggested represents THE State of the Art in 2-channel digital playback (both CD and SACD). I will bring amps, preamp and speakers plus a CD and a SACD player for a second system setup. If any member wishes to bring some audio project or product please do but please check with Oscar or me first. Also, please RSVP to help Oscar out with food and drink information. Thanks from Oscar!

      Oscar Bautista
      E-mail Address
      obautista_1@...

      1604 Ridgmar Boulevard
      Fort Worth, Texas 76116

      Jim Rivers

      E-mail Address
      jimrivers3@...

       jim.....

    • Jim Dolan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 13, 2006
        hi, jim.  i know you won't forget this, but just sending a reminder that we agreed you would pick up fred's yarland el84 amp for me this weekend.  i'll give ya a call early next week to come out and pick up.  re: the meet in ft. worth.  probably will come, but i'm working through the middle of the day next saturday, so it will be in the back half of the afternoon and also put me out of whatever car pool plans might be made.  also, i wonder if you might have any good sets of 6L6/5881 tubes so i can finally get these scott's up and running,  i just haven't gotten off the dime about ordering new from the internet....

        as always, thanx

        jd

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2006
          Hi Jim, I forgot and I guess Fred forgot. The good news is he will try and be at the meeting in Ft.Worth. FRED? He can give it to me and I will have for you the next week. If Fred makes it. Sorry. I do believe I have good 5881's. jim...

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 16, 2006
            Looks like Jim and I are both displaying the 2nd symptom of
            advancing old age. I definitely plan to be at the Jan 21's meeting
            with the amp in my car (unless I forget to bring the car).

            --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "jim@f..." <jim@f...> wrote:

            > Hi Jim, I forgot and I guess Fred forgot. The good news is he will
            try and be at the meeting in Ft.Worth. FRED? He can give it to me
            and I will have for you the next week. If Fred makes it. Sorry. I do
            believe I have good 5881's. jim...

            > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Dolan"
            <james.dolan@m...> wrote:

            > > hi, jim. i know you won't forget this, but just sending a
            reminder that we agreed you would pick up fred's yarland el84 amp
            for me this weekend. i'll give ya a call early next week to come out
            and pick up. re: the meet in ft. worth. probably will come, but i'm
            working through the middle of the day next saturday, so it will be
            in the back half of the afternoon and also put me out of whatever
            car pool plans might be made. also, i wonder if you might have any
            good sets of 6L6/5881 tubes so i can finally get these scott's up
            and running, i just haven't gotten off the dime about ordering new
            from the internet....

            > > as always, thanx
            > >
            > > jd

            Service.

          • Jim Dolan
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 17, 2006
              fred, jim r., still looking iffy about coming over to ft. worth on satty.  scheduled to work through the middle of the day, and that puts a big hicky right in the middle of things.  if i don't come, i'll get hold of jim to pick up the amp next week.  thanx for getting back to me on this, fred.  and thanx for your help, jim.  will let you know.

              fred, you need another reminder email later in the week?