Cheap but effective binding posts

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2005
      I like the gray binding posts from Radio Shack. RS # 275-550 on several levels. They are inexpensive. Metal is on the screw end and the stationary end, so your speaker cable spade makes very good contact.They are totally insulated so all you have to do is drill a hole and insert and screw down. Each is separate so you can space your installation. Many binding posts take an elaborate scheme to insulate/isolate. Long project time requiring who knows what tools.  Or bigger holes to drill then insulate. Which means buying a drill press or hurting your arm/wrist on every other project. My body is getting old. 8:-) These are also non magnetic. And they are short, so the signal travel from amp to speaker wire goes through very little non audiophile copper.RS sells red and black  ones about the same size. THEY ARE JUNK!!! Half the time they don't make good contact or loose it latter. JMO
      ô¿ô  jim..