new World music CDs

  • David Gilden
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2005
      Holiday Greetings.....

      Mamadou Diabate's latest solo kora recording 'Behmanka' has made into the 48th
      annual GRAMMY® Awards 2005 final nomination.
      Hear Mp3 samples at: <http://www.mamadoukora.com/>
      I have copies are in stock $15.00 and to listen to.....
      <http://www.coraconnection.com/pages/catalog_order.html#tunga>

      Thione Seck Orientation was recently profiled on NPR.
      <http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5012353>
      Thione Seck is one of the greatest singers in Africa. His career extends from
      the grand ceremony of West African praise singing, to the fiery, percussive pop
      music that animates nightlife in Dakar, the capital of Seck's native Senegal.
      I have a few copies available. $17.00

      Golden Afrique Vol.1 & Vol.2 double CD Set (special Holiday price, $32.00 per Vol.)
      -- German import -- instock!
      It was the most exciting period of recent African history. From the late 1950s
      onwards, one African country after another gained independence.....
      See the complete track listing and the full description at:
      <http://www.coraconnection.com/pages/catalog_order_2005.html>

      If you live in DFW and would like to schedule a listening session, contact me at your convenience.
      For the rest of you email me for complete details on ordering any of fine CDs, or visit the web site
      to learn and hear more about majestic music of West Africa.

      Regards,
      Dave Gilden
      tel: 817-741-2327 fax: 817-562-2363
      (kora musician / audiophile / webmaster @ www.coraconnection.com / Ft. Worth, TX, USA)

      Check out my new photo gallery of recent performances:
      <http://www.coraconnection.com/pages/cc_photo_gallery.html>

      Visit my schedule page for up to the minute performance info:
      <http://www.coraconnection.com/cgi-bin/schedule.pl>

      Island Journey music video now online!
      <http://www.abbydigital.tk/>

      Read about me at the new Afropop Worldwide web site:
      <http://www.afropop.org/community/contributors.php?ID=8>

      Cora Connection: Your West African Music Source
      Resources, Recordings, Instruments & More!
      <http://www.coraconnection.com/>