any local audio techs?

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2005
      My old solid state mcintosh mc2100 heats up pretty drastically in bridged mode and exhibits a pretty severe  current draw (room lights flickering a'la old horror flicks) even at low listening levels.

      Both channels sound fine in stereo mode, although they have different DC offsets (one positive and the other negative) which probably has something to do with this.

      Can anyone reccomend a local tech / or would anyone be willing to tell me how to go about debugging this with a scope and multimeter.

      Thanks

      Yahoo! Shopping