Re: What Shakespeare said about vinyl and digital.

  • oscar_in_fw
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 19, 2005
      I'll agree most of the major labels are short-changing us with lo-rez digital masters and
      poor recording techniques, including Sony.

      The other smaller independent labels are putting more TLC into their recordings. Telarc,
      Pentatone, Groove Note, MFSL, Analogue Productions, Channel Classics, et al are putting
      out SACDs using the best available masters (analog tape or pure DSD for the modern
      recordings).

      The RCA Living Stereo and Mercury Living Presence SACD releases are coming from
      original 2 or 3 track 1950s/1960s-era master tapes. Some of these R2D4.