WANTED TO BUY:

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2005
      I thought that might get your attention. If any member wants a certain
      audio widget. Be it a certain set of speakers, DAC, tube, turntable,
      cable. Whatever. Feel free to ask here. One of your neighbors may have
      it and no shipping problems. Just an idea. We will see how it flies.
      Ò¿Ò jim...
    • oscar_in_fw
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2005
        Well I was interested in line conditioners, but I got too distracted to notice a certain Mr.
        Dodd who happened to be present and a manufacturer of line conditioners. Also,
        eventually I'll be in the market for identical monoblock amps (maybe five for an SACD
        Multichannel setup). That's going to be tough; big room and relatively low efficiency
        speakers. My current amps are Classe SS and I'd probably prefer a 'warmer' amp for 2-
        channel.

        Tube preamp might be interesting, but I think it would have stiff competition against my
        SS (and Multichannel) Meitner preamp. Last tubed preamp I brought into the house (the
        cheaper "Rogue") lost too much of the treble detail. YMMV.

        I could also use a 2nd Home theater sub: I only have one for a 26x19 room. The
        alternative is to get two (2) RELs which would double as music stereo subs and HT subs.
        This costs $$$$$.

        I don't have a Turntable either. I'm still evaluating as the TLC requirements and lack of
        real LP library are big obstacles. Today was the first time I've actually picked the vinyl over
        it's CD equivalent, so I won't completely rule the idea out. I would be interested in seeing
        how vinyl stacks up against it's SACD counterparts. Has anyone tried a shootout
        comparing the two formats ? I will say it's been my experience I've preferred SACD to CD
        playback anytime.

        And if any one's interested in speakers with Dynaudio drivers, I've got five (5) speakers I'd
        like to dump:
        Duntech "Black Knight" clones (DIY construction) (6ft tall power-hungry monoliths (100W
        tubes?) , Dynaudio Aries and center channel (Madisound DIY kits), They are gathering dust
        until either (a) I sell them or (b) I replace my current amplification).

        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "jim@f..." <jim@f...> wrote:

        > I thought that might get your attention. If any member wants a certain
        > audio widget. Be it a certain set of speakers, DAC, tube, turntable,
        > cable. Whatever. Feel free to ask here. One of your neighbors may have
        > it and no shipping problems. Just an idea. We will see how it flies.
        > Ò¿Ò jim...

      • oscar_in_fw
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 17, 2005
          I've a Sony 777ES SACD/CD player which some have suggested would be an
          excellent CD transport (I may eventually go for one of the mod kits,
          but this takes substantial money).

          I also have a Universal player a dealer told me would make a superb CD
          transport (than again, he was probably trying to sell me a DAC).

          I might audition one, but not having much of a CD collection; no
          promises unless it really blows me away. Last DAC I played with was a
          Bel Canto DAC a few years back using different speakers. I was
          underimpressed.