Another successful mini-meeting... or two

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2005
      Member Bob Spence held a nice Saturday afternoon meeting with 7 or 8
      audio dudes in attendance. For our listening pleasure, there were
      Johan's speakers in two rooms. With some new mods to the speakers and
      Dennis Boyle's speaker wire and IC helping out. Bob's latest
      successful DAC project was changing 0's and 1's into delightful
      sounds. Several nice amps and preamps were switched in and out.
      Included were some of Chuck Michlin's creations. Music on tap
      included several live recordings. Some African music, which I failed
      to get the title of. There were a few nice comments on Doug MacLeod's
      album "Come To Find", "Blues & Ballads" featuring Lonnie Johnson with
      Elmer Snowden and Celtic harp music from Lorin Grean's "Hand Woven"
      It was a good meet and we all heard good music, learned a lot and
      enjoyed good company. I encourage other members to host "mini-
      meetings" in their homes and report back good music and good audio
      toys discovered. Even if the gathering is as small as three people.
      Please share any new music treasures with the group. Thanks for
      hosting Bob! I must apologize to Johan for failing to mention here
      his mini-meeting a few weeks back. It was smaller with five members
      in attendance. Dennis Boyle brought a CD I need to buy but, again,
      failed to write down. Chuck? something. The music was flowing from
      Johan's system and enjoyable on that evening too. Thanks Johan! jim...
    • Dennis Boyle
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22, 2005
        I believe the CD Jim mentioned was "Auberge", artist Chris Rea, released
        by ATCO in 1991. I rate it about a 9 on the 1-10 Goose Bump Scale.

        Dennis Boyle
        Chimera Laboratories
        Website: http://www.chimeralabs.com/
        Website: http://home.att.net/~chimeraone/index.html

[...]