dealers

  • Bob Musson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23 10:23 AM
      I'm new to the area having relocated here in April. Could someone
      please recommend some high end retailers around here? I have found
      Audio Concepts, Hi End Audio and John Fort A-V so far. Any other help
      would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, BTW I live in Irving - 75063
      zip.

      Bob Musson
    • phillip holmes
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 24 6:49 AM
        John Fort is a class act. He's still selling some of the same lines he was
        selling 15 years ago. That may sound like a bad thing, but just the
        opposite is true. I've never heard a single complaint, other than he's too
        conservative for some audiophiles (conservative meaning that he doesn't
        change lines every time HP gives a rave review). The guys that change lines
        four times a month aren't trustworthy. I tried shopping at Audio Concepts a
        couple times, but no one offered to help (or even talked to me). Hard to
        sell stuff that way. A smile and a hello would have been nice. So they'll
        never get a return visit from me. I do know guys who shop there, and are
        happy with them. Don't know anything about Hi End Audio. Too bad you
        weren't around when Omni Sound was in business. I believe it was a front
        for a drug dealer. "High" end audio for real!

        If you are looking for tube amplification, ask for recommendations. I know
        of a couple members who buy/sell/trade used equipment (if you want to save a
        lot of money). There are several guys on this list who build tube amps and
        preamps and who can beat the "name brand" quality and prices.
        Best of luck,
        Phillip
        > Message: 1
        > Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:23:17 -0000
        > From: "Bob Musson" <bob_musson@...>
        > Subject: dealers
        >
        > I'm new to the area having relocated here in April. Could someone
        > please recommend some high end retailers around here? I have found
        > Audio Concepts, Hi End Audio and John Fort A-V so far. Any other help
        > would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, BTW I live in Irving - 75063
        > zip.
        >
        > Bob Musson

      • Nicholas Renter
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 25 11:34 AM
          There is a list of North Texas dealers (not all encompassing, I assume) out
          on Audio Circle:

          http://audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?t=12207

          According to the page, the North Texas audio and home theater dealers (in
          alphabetical order) are:

          Advanced Home Theater Systems
          3209 Premier, STE 112
          Plano, TX 75075
          972-516-1849
          Mon-Fri, 10AM - 5PM; weekends by appointment
          Aerial Acoustics, Alon, Epos, Jamo, Monitor Audio, Snell and Von
          Schweikert Audio speakers (Dali and Tannoy by special order); B&K, Cary
          Audio, Creek Audio, Crestron, Denon, EAD, Panasonic, Parasound, Samsung, and
          Toshiba electronics.
          15% discount for AC members! (ask for Brian)

          AudioConcepts
          11661 Preston Road
          Dallas, TX 75230
          214-360-9520
          Tues-Thurs, 10AM - 7PM; Fri & Sat, 10AM - 6PM
          Linn, Magnepan, Paradigm, ProAc, Rega, Ruark and Wilson Benesch speakers;
          Arcam, Audio Research, Ayre, Chord, Cyrus, E.A.R., Linn, NAD, Rega, Rotel
          and Theta components

          Dallas Sight and Sound, Inc.
          4202 Wiley Post Road
          Addison, Texas 75001
          972-392-3202
          By appointment only

          Hi-End Theater & Audio
          9780 Walnut Street, Suite 200
          Dallas, TX 75243
          214-570-0071
          Mon-Fri, 11AM - 7PM; Sat & Sun, 11AM - 6PM
          B&W, Focal-JM Lab, Paradigm, Rel, and Revel speakers; Audio Refinement,
          Cambridge Audio, Classe, Manley Laboratories, Mark Levinson, Moon, Pro-Ject,
          PS Audio, Rotel, VPI Industries, Wadia and YBA components

          John Fort Audio Video
          850 South Greenville Avenue, Suite 100
          Richardson, TX 75081
          972-644-1199
          Vandersteen and Anthony Gallo Acoustics speakers; Atmasphere tube amps.

          Krystal Clear Audio-Video
          1626 Hi Line Drive
          Dallas, TX 75207-3422
          214-520-7156

          Marvin Electronics
          2750 South Hulen Street
          Fort Worth, TX 76109
          817-927-5311
          Mon-Sat, 9AM - 6PM
          B&W, Paradigm, Revel, REL speakers; Marantz, Mark Levinson, McIntosh, JVC,
          Rotel, Sunfire electronics

          Sound Idea Audio & Video
          6251 Oakmont Blvd.
          Fort Worth, TX 76132
          817-346-4500
          1924 East Pioneer Parkway
          Arlington, TX 76010
          817-277-4061
          Kef, Klipsch Reference, M&K (Miller & Kreisel), and Polk LSi speakers;
          Bryston, B&K, Denon, Lexicon, and Sony ES electronics; Hitachi, LG,
          Mitsubishi, Runco, and Sony video systems

          Sound Mind Audio
          4011 Lafayette Avenue
          Fort Worth, TX 76107
          817-569-8844
          By appointment only
          Acoustic Energy, Epos, Meadowlark and PSB speakers; Arcam, Cambridge
          Audio, Rogue Audio, Creek, and Musichall electronics

          Whetstone Audio
          2401 East 6th Street, #1001
          Austin, TX 78702
          512-477-8503
          Tues-Fri, 11AM - 6PM; Sat 11AM - 5PM, or by appointment
          Naim Audio, Neat Acoustics, Rega, Cyrus, Arcam, Dynavector, 47 Laboratory