Mini-Meetings Format

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2005
      Hello DAC members! It's has become obvious not every member is
      willing to host 20 to 35 people in their home. Including me more than
      twice a year. Numbers that large, in YOUR home, can be intense,
      intimidating and expensive. I hosted an experimental meeting last
      night. I believe I invited 11 friends and 7 present made the meeting.
      This audio "mini-meeting" was an all around success. At least from
      this host's point of view. I'm thinking 3 to 7 people might be the
      ideal size for serious listening and conversation too. The gathering
      was a quite painless measure of friends, fun and food. To add a forth
      F for the July 4th. We had a Format. It was classical music. That was
      planned as the format for the first hour and a half. But the
      classical genre continued all night. It was a delight.
      There was a lot of music sharing. I learned a lot about the
      classical, opera and chamber music. Several guys were copying down
      album titles to add to their collections. Sharing good music and
      expanding my music collection was the main reason for starting this
      club. Of course meeting other audiophiles, music lovers and audio
      gear nuts ties in there too.
      Have a small gathering at your place. I think you might enjoy
      it! 8:-) jim... Oh yes, and please share with the club here good
      finds on artists and albums.
    • Dennis Boyle
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2005
        Jim,

        Very Good Idea, I look forward to the list of the "Good Finds"
        discovered in your Mini-Meeting.

        Take Care,

        Dennis Boyle
        Chimera Laboratories
        Website: http://www.chimeralabs.com/
        Website: http://home.att.net/~chimeraone/index.html

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2005
          Hi Dennis, I'll post the ones I enjoyed here later. Thanks. jim...
          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Boyle"

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 11, 2005
            Hi Dennis. Sorry it took so long to get this information out. At the
            mini-meeting, there were four CD's that caught the ears of several
            members. They were...
            (1) Sortileges de la Harpe Indiennne
            (2) Fort Worth Festival Chorus / Carmina Burana
            (3) Barbara Sanderling / Raritaten Fur KontrabaB (Edel)
            (4) and one demo CD that was passed out at a CES show. Now
            unavailable. I mmade a copy of it too. jim...

            <chimeraone@w...> wrote:
            > Jim,
            >
            > Very Good Idea, I look forward to the list of the "Good Finds"
            > discovered in your Mini-Meeting.
            >
            > Take Care,
            >
            > Dennis Boyle
            > Chimera Laboratories