Great Plains Audio Fest

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26, 2005
      Don't forget the Great Plains Audio Fest is this weekend in Tulsa.
      It's officially scheduled for Fri, Sat, and Sun, but most exhibitors
      will be setting up Fri afternoon and departing Sun, so the best day to
      go will be Saturday. Very informal and non-mainstream oriented. Hope
      to see you there.

      http://www.greatplainsaudiofest.com/
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 28, 2006

        The Great Plains Audio Fest

        http://www.greatplainsaudiofest.com/

         For all you guys who can't get enough of audio shows! Just a small hop and skip up Oklahoma way. jim...

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 29, 2006
          And when you get there you'll find a room for Dallas Audio Club
          members to show off their favorite components. We'll have a complete
          system with high efficiency speakers, so bring whatever component you
          want others to hear (CD player, DAC, preamp, amp - tube, solid state,
          digital, chip, etc), and we'll slip it into the system and enjoy the
          sound. We might even have a few Lone Stars in the fridge.

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 20, 2006
            Wayne Parham has updated the GPAF web page and in the process has
            renamed us the "Dallas Audio Society". Hope that doesn't mean we all
            have to go out and buy megabuck audio systems like Houston Audio
            Society members have:)

            http://www.greatplainsaudiofest.com/

            The Dallas Audio Club is included in the exhibitor list because
            Linda and I are hosting a suite for DAC members (and anyone else) to
            bring their favorite components for others to see and hear. We'll
            have a complete system including SET-friendly 98dB Three Pi Theater
            speakers, Audio Mirror 40 watt monoblocks, a tube preamp, Lite Audio
            DAC-60, and an Onix XCD-88 CD player (sorry, no vinyl). You're all
            invited to bring your favorite component(s) and join us. Everything
            is welcome - tube, solid state, T-amps, preamps, tube dac's in cigar
            boxes, etc. It's in Tulsa, Oklahoma, so we'll stock the fridge with
            a case of Shiner homesickness medication.

            This show is worth a four hour drive because it features non-
            mainstream equipment that you can listen to it for extended periods
            because Tulsa doesn't draw the crowds you find in Las Vegas and New
            York. The Embassy hotel suites are a bit pricey ($114 last year),
            but you can do what Thatch and a few others did last year and stay
            at another nice hotel nearby for about $50/nite. Plan to stay over
            Saturday nite and join the exhibitors for dinner at a local
            restaurant.
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 20, 2006
              Hi Fred,

                 See what happens when the Dallas Audio Club mixes with the Houston Audio Society? Thanks so much for taking control of so many audio projects! With your input, Texas audio just keeps growing and growing...  Last year, Bob Spence and I split the cost of a room at the hotel next door. The Courtyard by Marriott? I forget but much cheaper and only a one minute walk between hotels.

                 I'm having a few T-shirts made for the Dallas Audio Club. Hope you like the design. I'll post a photo when they are finished. I'm wearing mine to Tulsa. I figured in one each for you and Linda, if you wish. If not, I'll give them to someone else. They cost only a touch over $10. The first 12 I paid for. If others are interested, I'll make more for $10 each per person but the minimum order is 12 shirts. I'm going to ask Wayne to "fix" that back to Dallas Audio Club if you don't mind.  Ò¿Ò    jim...