RE: [dallasaudioclub] Cryo services

  • Dennis Boyle
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2005

      There are a couple places that do cryogenic treating here, but I don’t think they will do a pair of cables. The Lab that cryogenically treats my wire charged me quite a bit of money to determine the proper temperatures and temperature changes

      required to treat the wire without damaging the sprayed on insulation.

      Sure don’t recommend you try to do it yourself, unless you are very familiar with handling liquefied gas……remember Terminator 2. You could use Dry Ice and some Styrofoam Coolers like some of the DIY tube rollers, but I don’t think it will cause the grain/crystalline pattern of the conductors to re-align.

      Visit this link http://www.cryogenicsinternational.com/  They do cables, but I have not personally used their services or listened to any of their treated parts. I e-mailed them to see if they do Vacuum Tubes. Ideally it would be nice to compare a standard pair of cables against the treated ones. I am sure they will sound different…but better?

      Best Regards.

      Dennis Boyle

      Chimera Laboratories

      Website: http://www.chimeralabs.com/