April meeting? Club meeting questions

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 9:16 AM
      On February 14 I asked for a volunteer to host a February or March
      meeting. Except for Frank, all I got was silence. Some of the
      meetings have been TOO large for music enjoyment, IMO and I hope
      that's what scared off a few who may have wanted to volunteer. The
      group may have grown too large, too fast and we advertised on other
      forums. We may need to limit the invitations to just our members (but
      bring a friend if you wish)I think with a base of folks from the
      Ft.Worth/Dallas area, we could find enough volunteers to do a meeting
      at least' every other month.
      We've had 10 meetings with Jim, Russ and Ken hosting 8 of those.
      Thanks to Johann and Bob for the other two. I, personally, don't have
      the money or energy to host every meeting or even every other, so how
      about it? I think we should establish a set of (flexible) rules.
      (1) Saturday Meetings:
      (2) One 0'clock in the afternoon until ....... host decides
      (3) Format decided on by the host: Music listening?
      Digital/vinyl/tape/FM/other? Equipment testing/showing off. Audio
      gear selling/trading/swapping? Theme? rock 'n roll? jazz? blue grass?
      classical?
      Anyway, these are some ideas. Email me with opinions......
      concerns..... better ideas......
      Oh yeah! Does anyone want to volunteer to host an April meeting? 8:-)
      jim...