Audio Nirvana Speakers

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30 3:18 PM
      Here are some full range speakers that are new to the market. Their
      specs are very similar to the Fostex FE series drivers like I used in
      the Voigt pipes. I started a thread about them on the AudioRoundtable
      forum and everyone questioned their suitability for ported enclosures,
      which is what the Audio Nirvana folks recommend. But I have always
      been attracted to things different, so I ordered a pair of the 8"
      drivers along with plans for the 2.5 cu ft double port enclosure. I
      exchenged a few emails with David Dicks of AN, and he told me he tunes
      for a rich midbass rather than maximum bass extension. He does this
      because in A/B listening tests with customers they always choose the
      warmth over the max extension. We'll see. AN also sells Lowther,
      Fostex, and a few other brands along with enclosures and enclosure
      plans. So many speakers, so little time.

      http://www.nirvanaspeakers.com/nirvana.html