Re: FredArrray Details

  • budandfun
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 14, 2005
      Thanks for the info Fred and do you like these arrays better then
      the Linus?

      Thanks

      --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <fredaudio@h...>

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14, 2005
        I definitely prefer the FredArray bass, which is flat to about 40hz.
        The Linus is a sealed array with an F3 of about 75hz and it requires
        a subwoofer. Also the midrange of the FredArray's Silver Flute
        woofers is a bit cleaner than the Linus' Vifa woofers. But the
        Linus' treble is better in two regards - the planar tweeters offer a
        bit more resolution than the titanium dome MCM, and there are 8
        tweeters per side making the Linus a true line array (sounds about
        the same sitting or standing). Given the difference between $350 in
        parts for the FredArray and about $1K for the Linus, I believe the
        FredArray offers more value for the dollar. The FredArray is an
        especially viable option for anyone wanting to build a good sounding
        high efficiency diy speaker for under $400. And can you imagine a
        speaker with a kewler sounding name than "The FredArray"?

        P.S. I'm plannig to take them to the Great Plains Audio Fest along
        with the DK Design Group hybrid amp and the Scott Nixon tube DAC.

        wrote:

        > Thanks for the info Fred and do you like these arrays better then
        > the Linus?
        >
        > Thanks

      • budandfun
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 30, 2005
          Hey Fred, what would you charge for the front baffle only? Whith
          holes already cut out and so on?

          thanks
          Frank