Great Plains Audio Fest

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 10, 2005
      Here's a weekend event within four hours driving distance of Dallas
      that will be lots of fun plus a great opportunity to see some diy-
      oriented exhibitors' products. I hope to see some of you guys there
      on the weekend of April 29, 30, and May 1st:

      http://audioroundtable.com/General/messages/1460.html
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 10, 2005
        Thanks Fred, That might be a must road trip! jim...
        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <fredaudio@h...> wrote:

        > Here's a weekend event within four hours driving distance of Dallas
        > that will be lots of fun plus a great opportunity to see some diy-
        > oriented exhibitors' products. I hope to see some of you guys there
        > on the weekend of April 29, 30, and May 1st:
        >
        > http://audioroundtable.com/General/messages/1460.html
      • budandfun
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 14, 2005
          So who all is thinking about going? Maybe we can car pool???

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 26, 2005
            Don't forget the Great Plains Audio Fest is this weekend in Tulsa.
            It's officially scheduled for Fri, Sat, and Sun, but most exhibitors
            will be setting up Fri afternoon and departing Sun, so the best day to
            go will be Saturday. Very informal and non-mainstream oriented. Hope
            to see you there.

            http://www.greatplainsaudiofest.com/
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 28, 2006

              The Great Plains Audio Fest

              http://www.greatplainsaudiofest.com/

               For all you guys who can't get enough of audio shows! Just a small hop and skip up Oklahoma way. jim...

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 29, 2006
                And when you get there you'll find a room for Dallas Audio Club
                members to show off their favorite components. We'll have a complete
                system with high efficiency speakers, so bring whatever component you
                want others to hear (CD player, DAC, preamp, amp - tube, solid state,
                digital, chip, etc), and we'll slip it into the system and enjoy the
                sound. We might even have a few Lone Stars in the fridge.

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 20, 2006
                  Wayne Parham has updated the GPAF web page and in the process has
                  renamed us the "Dallas Audio Society". Hope that doesn't mean we all
                  have to go out and buy megabuck audio systems like Houston Audio
                  Society members have:)

                  http://www.greatplainsaudiofest.com/

                  The Dallas Audio Club is included in the exhibitor list because
                  Linda and I are hosting a suite for DAC members (and anyone else) to
                  bring their favorite components for others to see and hear. We'll
                  have a complete system including SET-friendly 98dB Three Pi Theater
                  speakers, Audio Mirror 40 watt monoblocks, a tube preamp, Lite Audio
                  DAC-60, and an Onix XCD-88 CD player (sorry, no vinyl). You're all
                  invited to bring your favorite component(s) and join us. Everything
                  is welcome - tube, solid state, T-amps, preamps, tube dac's in cigar
                  boxes, etc. It's in Tulsa, Oklahoma, so we'll stock the fridge with
                  a case of Shiner homesickness medication.

                  This show is worth a four hour drive because it features non-
                  mainstream equipment that you can listen to it for extended periods
                  because Tulsa doesn't draw the crowds you find in Las Vegas and New
                  York. The Embassy hotel suites are a bit pricey ($114 last year),
                  but you can do what Thatch and a few others did last year and stay
                  at another nice hotel nearby for about $50/nite. Plan to stay over
                  Saturday nite and join the exhibitors for dinner at a local
                  restaurant.
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 20, 2006
                    Hi Fred,

                       See what happens when the Dallas Audio Club mixes with the Houston Audio Society? Thanks so much for taking control of so many audio projects! With your input, Texas audio just keeps growing and growing...  Last year, Bob Spence and I split the cost of a room at the hotel next door. The Courtyard by Marriott? I forget but much cheaper and only a one minute walk between hotels.

                       I'm having a few T-shirts made for the Dallas Audio Club. Hope you like the design. I'll post a photo when they are finished. I'm wearing mine to Tulsa. I figured in one each for you and Linda, if you wish. If not, I'll give them to someone else. They cost only a touch over $10. The first 12 I paid for. If others are interested, I'll make more for $10 each per person but the minimum order is 12 shirts. I'm going to ask Wayne to "fix" that back to Dallas Audio Club if you don't mind.  Ò¿Ò    jim...