DAC Activities

  • fredt300b
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 8, 2011
      I'll be driving to an audio meet at Luther's house in San Antonion this
      Saturday, and that caused me to think about the Dallas Audio Club. I was
      wondering if there have been any DAC activities in the last year that
      are open to outsiders. I used to enjoy driving to Dallas or Fort Worth
      for the occasional meeting, but lately I haven't heard of anything.
    • blrchapman
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2011
        Hi Fred,

        The DAC has not really had any activity for a while. Not saying there is no North TX activity, it is just not through the DAC. I have been quite busy the past three years with my two boys, but they are finally getting to an age where I can pick up my hobby again and start to do some more coordination, etc.

        The biggest issue, historically, has been finding locations to host DAC gatherings. My home is always open to DAC members, but it is small and could only accomodate for 10-12 guests comfortably and that would still leave people standing. There have been a few DAC members with much larger homes that have been generous enough to host, but asking to use their facilities/homes persistently is unfair totheir hospitality. I will, however, be finishing a project that I think will attract some interest in a few weeks and I willl either have a few people over or take them to a volunteers home for a meeting along with some of my tube gear. The project is a large dipole that is fully passive using AE IB15 drivers, Peerless 830883 midranges and the BG NEO3 in dipole. I'll upload a few progress pics today for viewing.

        This spring I plan to start an activity initiative to get this North TX community going again. Stay tuned.

        Thanks,

        Blair
      • fredt300b
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 9, 2011

          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "blrchapman" <blair_4@...> wrote:
          The DAC has not really had any activity for a while.

          Hi, Blair, thanks for the response. I've received a few private messages about getting on the mailing list for any Houston activities. The Lone Star Bottleheads is no longer active, but the Houston Audio Society and the River City Audio Club in San Antonio have regular meetings. Anybody can join either club's Yahoo Group and receive meeting notices as email messages:

        • bearhifi
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 9, 2012
            I tried to host a meet about a year ago and the only person that showed up was
            Jim....

            As always Jim and I had a great time...