FW: Class Always Shows

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2011

      I am a Vet, and if this is true...

      Pete Moon
      Arnold Stone, Inc.
      972-382-8558

      Begin forwarded message:

      Class Always Shows

      A doctor had his TV on in his office when the news of the military base shootings at Ft. Hood , TX came on. The husband of one of his employees was stationed there.

      He called her into his office and as he told her what had happened, she got a text message from her husband saying, "I am okay." Her cell phone rang right after she read the message. It was an ER nurse,” I’m the one who just sent you a text, not your husband.
      I thought it would be comforting but I was mistaken in doing so. I am sorry to tell you this, but your husband has been shot 4 times and he is in surgery."

      The soldier's wife left Southern Clinic in Dothan, AL and drove all night to Ft.Hood. When she arrived, she found out her husband was out of surgery and would be OK.  She rushed to his room and found that he already had two  visitors there to comfort him.

      He was just waking up and found his wife and the visitors by his side. The nurse took this picture:

      What? No news crews and cameras? This is how people with class respond and pay respect to those in uniform.
      I sent my cousin in Fayetteville , N.C. (Retired from Special Forces) that picture of Geo. W. visiting the wounded at Ft. Hood . I got this reply:

      What is even better is the fact George W. Bush heard about Fort Hood, got in his car without any escort, apparently they did not have time to react, and drove to Fort Hood. He was stopped at the gate and the guard could not believe who he had just stopped. Bush only asks for directions to the hospital then drove on. The gate guard called that "The President is on Fort Hood and driving to the hospital."

      The base went bananas looking for Obama. When they found it was Bush, they immediately offered escort. Bush simply told them it was o.k. and to let him visit the wounded and the dependents of the dead.

      He stayed at Fort Hood for over six hours, and was finally asked to leave by a message from the White House.

      Obama flew in days later and held a "photo opportunity" session in a gym, and did not even go to the hospital.

      All this I picked up from two soldiers here who happened to be at Fort Hood when it happened.
      This Bush/Obama/Ft.Hood story is something that should be sent to every voter in the US . Those who wanted "change".  You certainly got it.

      Someone, PLEASE, show me anything that will tell us that Obama has ANY respect for the country he leads! I'm looking for just a little sign of respect.

    • Ka
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2011
      • 1 Attachment
      • 259 KB
      Please, this is an audio club, lets keep it that way.
      BTW your fact is not correct.
      Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2011
        OK, first sorry for including DAC on my e mail click, but I was asking, "I am a VET, and if this is true...," to see what kind of response I would get, and yes I am a Retired VET, fact, and not out and out saying I believe this, but...

        Interesting, I did a quick look and found this.

        http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/forthood.asp

        http://www.factcheck.org/2009/04/snopescom/

        Now I think they should fire all of congress, and I do not want to get into politics here, but I hate anybody blowing smoke up my A**, when it comes to my Brothers In Arms.

        Like I said, sorry for including the DAC, but I did send the response back the other way to the original sender, since KA has the facts, right! (?)

        To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
        From: ka@...
        Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 22:15:38 -0500
        Subject: Re: [dallasaudioclub] FW: Class Always Shows [1 Attachment]

        [Attachment(s) from Ka included below] Please, this is an audio club, lets keep it that way.
        BTW your fact is not correct.

      • Blair Chapman

          From: ka@...
          Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 22:15:38 -0500

          Message 5 of 11 , Oct 2, 2011
          • 1 Attachment
          • 86 KB
          The board has been very quiet in recent years, hope everyone been busy
          building audio toys and has no time to post.
          For me in the last 12 month I have build a Norman Koren "SPICED" phono
          preamp, 2xTDA1541 dac with tube hybrid output and stage and a very
          large front loaded horns with 12" Rullit field coil drivers.
          Show us your new toys.
          Here is mine.
          Ka
        • James Dolan
          Message 6 of 11 , Oct 2, 2011
            man, i'd love it if the Rullit photo would load

            Jim Dolan
            Executive Coach
            Psychotherapist

            6310 LBJ Freeway, Suite 213
            Dallas Texas 75240

            vm-972 934 1283
            mobile 214 629 6315
            www.coach4lawyers.net
            www.coach4pros.blogspot.com

            Message 7 of 11 , Oct 2, 2011

              Awe come on the group is so dead, nice to see a message especially one that is inspirational for Americans whether it is true or not... Who cares verify for yourself.

              If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a vet.

              Thanks for your service Paul.

              Dave

              Please, this is an audio club, lets keep it that way.
              BTW your fact is not correct.

            • John Semrad

                Please, this is an audio club, lets keep it that way.
                BTW your fact is not correct.

              • grampa...
                Message 9 of 11 , Oct 2, 2011
                  Hi Ka,
                  I've loaded a photo of your speakers on the front page. Courtesy of Barrett's website. jim...

                  --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, Ka <ka@...> wrote:

                  > The board has been very quiet in recent years, hope everyone been busy
                  > building audio toys and has no time to post.
                  > For me in the last 12 month I have build a Norman Koren "SPICED" phono
                  > preamp, 2xTDA1541 dac with tube hybrid output and stage and a very
                  > large front loaded horns with 12" Rullit field coil drivers.
                  > Show us your new toys.
                  > Here is mine.
                  > Ka

                • Ka
                  Message 10 of 11 , Oct 2, 2011
                    Thanks Jim!
                    Ka

                    On Oct 2, 2011, at 3:28 PM, grampa... wrote:

                    Hi Ka,
                    I've loaded a photo of your speakers on the front page. Courtesy of Barrett's website. jim...

                    --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, Ka <ka@...> wrote:

                    > The board has been very quiet in recent years, hope everyone been busy
                    > building audio toys and has no time to post.
                    > For me in the last 12 month I have build a Norman Koren "SPICED" phono
                    > preamp, 2xTDA1541 dac with tube hybrid output and stage and a very
                    > large front loaded horns with 12" Rullit field coil drivers.
                    > Show us your new toys.
                    > Here is mine.
                    > Ka

                  • Ka
                    Message 11 of 11 , Oct 2, 2011
                      These horn are built by audiophile and wood working master John
                      Semrad, I am the helper and in charge mostly in the sanding department.