FS : Selah Audio Symmetrica Line Arrays

  • ns rajiv
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22 2:46 PM
      Hello All,

      I live in plano, and have a pair of MTM line arrays for sale. I've put them on sale at audiogon as well, and you can look up some pictures there.
      http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrplan&1318736149

      Here's the text from that ad :
      Looking to sell my beloved pair of symmetricas from selah audio. I've had them for little over 2 years. Instead of the ribbons, i had Rick design these with BG Neo8PDR planars. And instead of Hivi drivers, he suggested Peerless. These sound absolutely great. I had them paired with rythmik DS1200, and later on with a pair of yamaha SW315 subwoofers with great success. I use a NHT 2 way crossover to route the low level to the subwoofers.

      I've decided to convert the upstairs gameroom where these are currently located to a HT room with 5 inwall speakers and projection screen etc. Unfortunately, i can't accommodate these line arrays in this room (12'x14').

      The cabinets were built by a local woodworker, and i veneered them using manufactured ebony. I finished them with waterlox on top of clear shellac. Though they are not professional grade, i think they turned out quite beautiful.

      They sound extremely good, though they do need a bit of room to breathe. The woofers are 3", so the bottom end is limited. I used the NHT crossover to blend the subwoofers at around 90Hz. They are fairly efficient at around 92db.They are fairly large speakers (72"x12"x9"), and weigh nearly 80 pounds each. So i'd very much prefer a local transaction. This should give the buyer a chance to hear and inspect the speakers.

      For this group, i'm reducing the asking price to $2200, and will include the NHT X-2 crossover as well. Once the speakers are sold, i'll have my Odyssey Khartago Mono Amps for sale as well.

      Thanks!
      Rajiv