Re: [dallasaudioclub] Exotic and figured hardwoods

  • Ron Carlton
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 27, 2011
      Michael,
      Good to see you back in business. I have been working on some cutting boards using hard Maple and Purpleheart. I'll be looking in to see what you have!

      Ron Carlton

      On 2/27/2011 6:25 PM, curlywoodstx wrote:

      All,

      As many of you know I owned Curly Woods in McKinney for 7 years supplying exotic and figured hardwood lumber. Well I opened a new business, McKinney Hardwood Lumber, following the same business model of exotic and figured hardwood lumber sales. If you need any woods for your projects, please give me a shout.

      I had been involved in high end audio sales for most of my life until around 2000, when the most high shops closed down around here. I love tube audio gear, but with the lack of NOS tubes at reasonable costs, I abandoned the hobby. Love to go to the get togethers when the opportunity comes up though as you guys really come up with some keen designs!

      Anyway sorry to spam the forum and I hope that you will not take it that way. Blair has purchased woods from as has Paul in the past and I just wanted to let everyone know that I have some stuff that would be great for small projects.

      Best regards,

      Michael Mastin
      McKinney Hardwood Lumber
      www.mckinneyhardwoods.com

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 27, 2011
        Outstanding!! It was great doing business with you and will in the future.

            I am going to have another DIY here in a few weeks or sooner depending on everyone's input on there finished products.
        But I will be by your business shortly.

        Send an address Michael and I will drop by.

        Paul

        To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 28, 2011
          Hi Ron,

            I am selling from my home again, where I first started with Curly Woods back in 2000.  I live approx. 7 miles west of Hwy 75, just off of Hwy 380.  It is exactly one mile from Custer Road/Hwy 380 intersection, on the south side of the road.  I live in Red Bud Estates, if you know this area.  Just give me a call to make sure that I am around, which I normally am, but just to be sure.  I am available most every afternoon from 3PM til 7pmish and weekends from 8AM-2PM as a rule.  Look forward to seeing you and providing woods for you projects!

          Best regards,

          Michael Mastin
          McKinney Hardwood Lumber
          McKinney, Texas
          (972)658-2130

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 28, 2011
            Paul,

              I am selling from my home again, where I first started with Curly Woods back in 2000.  I live approx. 7 miles west of Hwy 75, just off of Hwy 380.  It is exactly one mile from Custer Road/Hwy 380 intersection, on the south side of the road.  I live in Red Bud Estates, if you know this area.  Just give me a call to make sure that I am around, which I normally am, but just to be sure.  I am available most every afternoon from 3PM til 7pmish and weekends from 8AM-2PM as a rule.  Look forward to seeing you and providing woods for you projects!  My address is 13985 Red Wood Circle South 75071.  I will give you exact direction when you call me.

            Best regards,

            Michael Mastin
            McKinney Hardwood Lumber
            McKinney, Texas
            (972)658-2130

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 28, 2011
                All,

                  In case you are wondering, I have a very large building on my property (30x50 2-story tall) that I house my woods in.  I have a a great selection of the listed woods on the web site for you to view and select from.  I just did not want anyone to think that I only have a board or two of this and that laying around :)

                Mike

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 1, 2011
                  I am going to have another DIY here in a few weeks or sooner depending on everyone's input on there finished products.

                  Paul

                  WHoah, I better get working on my latest.