may have blown a DA178 7" woofer.

  • skrogh
    Message 1 of 57 , Feb 17, 2011

      When it plays low it generated a mechanical sound like a pencil laying across piano strings and is pretty loud. The surround is in good shape, as well as the spider. When I physically move the cone back and forth, there is no resistance or scratching, so the gap is clear of any debris. Any ideas? Is that what a blown speaker sounds like?
    • skrogh
      Message 57 of 57 , Jul 28 9:03 PM

        I posted some picks at PE of my latest build. not really a build, per se, but used some cabinets from some old north American Sound mini-Monitors that I slapped on a coat of rustoleum and screwed in the drivers. I still have my old NAS monitors that are below the garage speakers. Dave Thomas designed the XO and I just assemble them.  It's amazing what you can learn on You Tube!