Room Treatments for Sale - $125

  • djg2112
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2011
      DAC Members,

      I have redone my listening room and I have some old room treatments that need a new home. I purchased these used from a gentleman on Audiogon years ago. I believe that he built them and did a nice job. The rectangular and square ones are built with wood frames, fiberglass and covered in batting. Most are covered with off-white burlap (see additional details below). The round ones appear to be built using John Risch's recipe (chicken wire, fiberglass, batting etc.)and are covered with burlap also. Before he sold them to me, I think they were in storage for a while. I say that because although they are well-built, there is discoloration on the burlap on most if not all of the treatments. The treatments that do not have burlap on them are covered in batting and are ready to be covered with the fabric of your choice.

      The treatments are very effective and well-built (IMHO) for DIY treatments. If you are looking to be able to put them in a pristine living room as-is and have your wife be thrilled - these are not for you. If you are willing to recover them or don't have WAF issues then these are a great deal.

      I am happy to provide some pictures by email. I am located in southwest Fort Worth. You will probably need a truck. I do not want to split them up and I am asking $125.00 for the whole lot.

      The treatments (with approximate measurements)are as follows and have off-white burlap covering unless otherwise noted:

      2 Round 50" tall 16" diameter
      1 round 60" tall 18" diameter
      2 rectangular 50" x 24" x 6"
      2 rectangular 50" x 24" x 6" - Uncovered
      2 rectangular 50" x 24" x 6" - with "legs" that are easily removable
      1 rectangular 17" x 34" x 6" - Uncovered
      1 rectangular 96" x 24" x 6"
      2 square 24" x 24" (these may be bigger) that have mounts to use on a ceiling if desired.

      Thanks,

      David