Re: need turntabe

  • chimeralabs
    Message 1 of 57 , Dec 4, 2010
      Based on what my ears tell me, how we store and playback Music to maximize sound performance will be digital.

      There are very few analog recording studios left. I always thought a record offered better sound performance because it was recorded in analog. Using a Digital Master to cut an analog record doesn't make much sense to me.

      I have heard some superb audio systems where the Music is stored on a solid state hard drive or SD card, no jitter, and fed into a USB DAC. Here are some links you might find interesting.

      http://www.computeraudiophile.com/

      http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/streamer/streamer+.html

      http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/Logitech-Squeezebox-Touch-Review

      Digital done properly is getting awfully good. Some people I know with large record collection are digitally recording them for conveniance and listening to their records less and less.

      In my opinion, using a computer to create your own "records" by selecting tracks from your favorite albums is a great way to listen to Music.
    • skrogh
      Message 57 of 57 , Jul 28, 2011

        I posted some picks at PE of my latest build. not really a build, per se, but used some cabinets from some old north American Sound mini-Monitors that I slapped on a coat of rustoleum and screwed in the drivers. I still have my old NAS monitors that are below the garage speakers. Dave Thomas designed the XO and I just assemble them.  It's amazing what you can learn on You Tube!