need turntabe

    Message 1 of 57 , Dec 3, 2010
      Need turntable. Lost mine to one of the boys. I was listening to it at his apartment playing a 180gram recording of the Black Keys.  NEED TO REPLACE IT!

      What to get and where? The Rega looks good price wise. I think the weight of the stylus on the vinyl and wow and flutter , in that order, are the two most important. There is belt drive, MM or MC one you can change the stylus the other you can't. Thorens, Dual, Technics, what model, etc.

      I can make an exotic plinth. I could trade one of my custom speakers for a good set up also.

      Paul
      U.S. Navy Retired

    • skrogh
      Message 57 of 57 , Jul 28 9:03 PM

        I posted some picks at PE of my latest build. not really a build, per se, but used some cabinets from some old north American Sound mini-Monitors that I slapped on a coat of rustoleum and screwed in the drivers. I still have my old NAS monitors that are below the garage speakers. Dave Thomas designed the XO and I just assemble them.  It's amazing what you can learn on You Tube!