Re: Saturday, April 24th DIY Extravaganza

  • Blair
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 25, 2010
      Someone post some freaking pictures!!

      Blair

      On Apr 24, 2010, at 8:36 PM, "Dave Thomas" <Dave.Thomas@...> wrote:

      Yeah Paul it was fun. Thanks for the amp chassis. Also all of you I really appreciate the plaque. I have to say that I never tire of listening to loudspeakers.

      Dave

      Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 17:18:11 -0500
      From: MDChilds@...
      To: bill.brown@...; ryckebusch@...; Dave.Thomas@...
      CC: akriech@...; blair_4@...; texcurrier@...; MillerJ3@...; musicman32150@...; skillet2003@...; Danny.Thai@...

      That looks great!

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 25, 2010

        I think Jule's took them and he had a plane to Shanghai this morning. I expect he will post them by tomorrow.

        Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 17:18:11 -0500
        From: MDChilds@...
        To: bill.brown@...; ryckebusch@...; Dave.Thomas@...

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 25, 2010
          I took a few. I need to find the SD card to pull them off. If I can't find it, I will get a new one.

          From: blair_4@...
          To: Dave.Thomas@...
          Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 19:31:53 -0500
          CC: ryckebusch@...; musicman32150@...; mdchilds@...; bill.brown@...; dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com; akriech@...; texcurrier@...; millerj3@...; skillet2003@...; danny.thai@...

          Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 17:18:11 -0500
          From: MDChilds@...
          To: bill.brown@...; ryckebusch@...; Dave.Thomas@...

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 26, 2010
          Ken did not bring these, but these are some of his DIY turntables.

          I see vinyl next time. He showed us 6 Zepplin albems he scarfed up at a garage sale, brand new, still in there original plastic, unopened.

          Funny, I take the wife to garage sales because she likes it (cheep shopping), but I bring home most of the stuff. My eye is always looking for audio. Where else can  you find a vintage 8 Track.

          Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 17:18:11 -0500
          From: MDChilds@...
          To: bill.brown@...; ryckebusch@...; Dave.Thomas@...

          Message 5 of 8 , Apr 26, 2010
            Jeff,

            can you post pics of your SE tube amps and some info, ie. wood, tubes etc. They (it, we all have tec difficulties) sounded fantastic.

            Bring them next DIY with your completed 300B, that will be a treat!

            I have a switch box for RCAs also, A/B is the way to go. The differences can be quite subtle, but Jeff's switching ability on the SE KT88 is an excellent way to hear the differences.

            Jules,

            Thanks for taking PICs. I had more listening time this DIY (<40 people), but still needed help. Lots of beer left.

            Paul

            Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 17:18:11 -0500
            From: MDChilds@...
            To: bill.brown@...; ryckebusch@...; Dave.Thomas@...