Re: [dallasaudioclub] more on woodwork

  • Dr. Ish
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 16, 2010
      Thanks. It is MDF, sorry, i do not know what i was thinking when I typed plywood.

      You are welcome to come for a listen.

      The Duettas are excellent speakers if properly drive and properly placed.
      I think I have learnt a few things about Apogees that I can share with people.

      Do you need left side woofer or right side woofer for your Duetta.
      I have a spare left side bass panel ribbon that I bought from an ex Apogee engineer but never installed it.

      From: Dr. Ish <dr_ish_a@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [dallasaudioclub] more on woodwork
      To: dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 3:55 PM

       Thank you all, really.

      Basically, I have an Apogee Fullrange spakers, which has a mid/tw ribbon enclosure that I need help for. This is not part of the original Apogee but was my idea to place another Apogee (C-Major) mid-tw panel in a cutom made cabinet to match with my Fullrange woofer panel.

      A friend build it for me based on my specs. Basically, it is a 7' by 7" by 4" wooden panel that is holding the magenetic ribbon panel (which is 40"). For picture you can see my system at audiogon (my moniker is gallant_diva) .

      The panel was fine but in my effort to widen the front opening has spoiled teh front cover.

      I need someone who is expert in cabinets and other kind of woodworks just to replicate the original with some minor changes. The cover just attaches through screws to the rear component, which is fine. It is made of plywood and will need paint.

      Any recommendation with name and phone number of a person will be appreciated. It will be helpful if the guy knows some of audiophile craze so that I explain to him clearly the requirements.

      I need both sides (front cover only) done.

      Thank you again.

      best

      Ish