Re: Lots of High Power stuf

  • Russ
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
      Tim, I would love to hear them, but I am VERY familar with the
      beating of bringing gear to meet, only to have it used for just a few
      minutes.

      I'll leave it up to on this one, if you do bring them,
      let's 'permanently' install them on something, say the Vandersteens?

      I really don't plan on a lot of gear swapping in and out, speakers
      sure, gear ehh...

      Cheers,
      Russ
    • tim nickerson
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
        Russ

        What is the sensitivity of the Vandersteens?

        Also, we need to BETTER define 'permanently' install
        on
        Vandersteens. :-)

        I agree with your point of bringing gear to meet, only
        to have it used for just a few minutes. Several
        meetings I have been at I never did get to hear a lot
        of the gear.

        But, if you cna use them, I'll be glad to bring them.
        Fairly easy to disconnect from my system. Carrying
        weight is the only issue.

        Tim

        --- Russ <ranchodeaudio@...> wrote:

        > Tim, I would love to hear them, but I am VERY
        > familar with the
        > beating of bringing gear to meet, only to have it
        > used for just a few
        > minutes.
        >
        > I'll leave it up to on this one, if you do bring
        > them,
        > let's 'permanently' install them on something, say
        > the Vandersteens?
        >
        > I really don't plan on a lot of gear swapping in and
        > out, speakers
        > sure, gear ehh...
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Russ

      • tim nickerson
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
          Jim

          I've only been to several meetings but I have noticed
          a 'trend'.
          A piece of gear visits someone else's system and ...
          it's gone...
          Like a pair of 300B push pull amps you built. :-)

          I'd like to discuss those with you and maybe a
          schematic sketch.

          Looking forward to Saturday.

          Tim

          --- "jim@..." <jim@...> wrote:

          > You REALLY need to bring those to my house for a
          > week or two of safe
          > keeping! 8:-) jim...
          > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim
          > nickerson
          > <tim_j_nickerson@y...> wrote:
          > > Russ
          > >
          > > I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you
          > are
          > > interested.
          > >
          > > Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
          > > variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.
          > >
          > > Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them
          > out
          > > of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
          > > listen to them. Just an offer.
          > >
          > > Tim

        • Russ
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 19, 2005
            Around 90db for a good guess.

            As far as the permanent install, meaning if you DO bring them over,
            we'll hook them up on the Vandy's and they will STAY on the Vandy's
            for the entire meet. You know, Ronco 'em.

            Cheers,
            Russ
          • Russ
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 20, 2005
              Tim,

              The attendance is growing fairly steadily, as is the gear.

              I say we 'save' the VTL's for another meet. Believe me, I want to
              hear them, but I want to be able to spend a little time with them
              too. I want to snuggle, hold, and caress them.

              Right now, looks like there will be more gear than time. On that
              note, I'm rearranging the layout, the 'cave' will be a lock, with the
              best I have to offer - no swapping, no tweaking, just my best for
              listening enjoyment.

              Cheers,
              Russ
            • tim nickerson
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 23, 2005
                Russ

                I did not know you cared so much.
                > Believe me, I want to
                > hear them, but I want to be able to spend a little
                > time with them too.
                > I want to snuggle, hold, and caress them.!!

                WOW

                And I thought you were a Sand Amp kinda guy. :-)

                Enjoyed the meet.
                Thanks for hosting.

                Tim