Re: Lots of High Power stuf

    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
      You REALLY need to bring those to my house for a week or two of safe
      keeping! 8:-) jim...
      --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim nickerson
      <tim_j_nickerson@y...> wrote:
      > Russ
      >
      > I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you are
      > interested.
      >
      > Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
      > variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.
      >
      > Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them out
      > of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
      > listen to them. Just an offer.
      >
      > Tim
    • Russ
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
        Tim, I would love to hear them, but I am VERY familar with the
        beating of bringing gear to meet, only to have it used for just a few
        minutes.

        I'll leave it up to on this one, if you do bring them,
        let's 'permanently' install them on something, say the Vandersteens?

        I really don't plan on a lot of gear swapping in and out, speakers
        sure, gear ehh...

        Cheers,
        Russ
      • tim nickerson
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
          Russ

          What is the sensitivity of the Vandersteens?

          Also, we need to BETTER define 'permanently' install
          on
          Vandersteens. :-)

          I agree with your point of bringing gear to meet, only
          to have it used for just a few minutes. Several
          meetings I have been at I never did get to hear a lot
          of the gear.

          But, if you cna use them, I'll be glad to bring them.
          Fairly easy to disconnect from my system. Carrying
          weight is the only issue.

          Tim

          --- Russ <ranchodeaudio@...> wrote:

          > Tim, I would love to hear them, but I am VERY
          > familar with the
          > beating of bringing gear to meet, only to have it
          > used for just a few
          > minutes.
          >
          > I'll leave it up to on this one, if you do bring
          > them,
          > let's 'permanently' install them on something, say
          > the Vandersteens?
          >
          > I really don't plan on a lot of gear swapping in and
          > out, speakers
          > sure, gear ehh...
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Russ

        • tim nickerson
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
            Jim

            I've only been to several meetings but I have noticed
            a 'trend'.
            A piece of gear visits someone else's system and ...
            it's gone...
            Like a pair of 300B push pull amps you built. :-)

            I'd like to discuss those with you and maybe a
            schematic sketch.

            Looking forward to Saturday.

            Tim

            --- "jim@..." <jim@...> wrote:

            > You REALLY need to bring those to my house for a
            > week or two of safe
            > keeping! 8:-) jim...
            > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim
            > nickerson
            > <tim_j_nickerson@y...> wrote:
            > > Russ
            > >
            > > I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you
            > are
            > > interested.
            > >
            > > Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
            > > variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.
            > >
            > > Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them
            > out
            > > of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
            > > listen to them. Just an offer.
            > >
            > > Tim

          • Russ
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 19, 2005
              Around 90db for a good guess.

              As far as the permanent install, meaning if you DO bring them over,
              we'll hook them up on the Vandy's and they will STAY on the Vandy's
              for the entire meet. You know, Ronco 'em.

              Cheers,
              Russ
            • Russ
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 20, 2005
                Tim,

                The attendance is growing fairly steadily, as is the gear.

                I say we 'save' the VTL's for another meet. Believe me, I want to
                hear them, but I want to be able to spend a little time with them
                too. I want to snuggle, hold, and caress them.

                Right now, looks like there will be more gear than time. On that
                note, I'm rearranging the layout, the 'cave' will be a lock, with the
                best I have to offer - no swapping, no tweaking, just my best for
                listening enjoyment.

                Cheers,
                Russ
              • tim nickerson
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 23, 2005
                  Russ

                  I did not know you cared so much.
                  > Believe me, I want to
                  > hear them, but I want to be able to spend a little
                  > time with them too.
                  > I want to snuggle, hold, and caress them.!!

                  WOW

                  And I thought you were a Sand Amp kinda guy. :-)

                  Enjoyed the meet.
                  Thanks for hosting.

                  Tim