For Sale: 150w KT88 amplifiers

  • blrchapman
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2010
      Hi guys,

      Over the years, and attending many DIY/audio gatherings, I have met several members looking for some higher powered tube amps. We had an addition to our household 10 months ago, and he is getting much closer to walking. As much as I enjoy my big tube amps, I'd hate to see my little one get hold of them. They are heavy and on the bottom shelf of my audio racks with 3/8" glass under them.

      Anyway, I thought I'd start here and see if anyone is interested in them. These use 6 KT88s per monoblock, 1 6SL7 and 1 6SN7. Hammond 1650W OPTs, Antek 4T400 PT, separate filament trannys from triad, Hammond 193N chokes. There is a separate warm up switch to allow the filaments to come up before B+ and bias voltage. All switches are on the 12v side of the trannys, so you are not tossing a 120v switch on a 500v line. These amps use individual bias pots for each tube, and there is a box that plugs into the top plates to allow you to connect your meter and bias each tube separately by switching from tube to tube. If you are interested in these please feel free to email me, and I'll supply some pictures and answer any questions you have about them.

      I have about $1,500 in parts in these, and that is also my asking price. No labor at all.

      These sound fantastic, and anyone that has heard them can tell you that they deliver plenty of power for your inefficient speakers.

      I'll post these on audiogon if noone here is interested, but I thought I'd start local.

      My email is blair_4@...

      Thank you!

      Blair
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2010
        Blair,
        Would love to buy them but can't afford to. Good luck on your sale

        blrchapman <blair_4@...> wrote:

        >Hi guys,
        >
        >Over the years, and attending many DIY/audio gatherings, I have met several members looking for some higher powered tube amps. We had an addition to our household 10 months ago, and he is getting much closer to walking. As much as I enjoy my big tube amps, I'd hate to see my little one get hold of them. They are heavy and on the bottom shelf of my audio racks with 3/8" glass under them.
        >
        >Anyway, I thought I'd start here and see if anyone is interested in them. These use 6 KT88s per monoblock, 1 6SL7 and 1 6SN7. Hammond 1650W OPTs, Antek 4T400 PT, separate filament trannys from triad, Hammond 193N chokes. There is a separate warm up switch to allow the filaments to come up before B+ and bias voltage. All switches are on the 12v side of the trannys, so you are not tossing a 120v switch on a 500v line. These amps use individual bias pots for each tube, and there is a box that plugs into the top plates to allow you to connect your meter and bias each tube separately by switching from tube to tube. If you are interested in these please feel free to email me, and I'll supply some pictures and answer any questions you have about them.
        >
        >I have about $1,500 in parts in these, and that is also my asking price. No labor at all.
        >
        >These sound fantastic, and anyone that has heard them can tell you that they deliver plenty of power for your inefficient speakers.
        >
        >I'll post these on audiogon if noone here is interested, but I thought I'd start local.
        >
        >My email is blair_4@...
        >
        >Thank you!
        >
        >Blair

      • Blair
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2010
          Thank you Bill! If anyone is interested in these, contact me via email or phone: 972-832-9169

          I'm also open to offers as well as am dropping the price to $1,250.

          Blair