Re: [dallasaudioclub] Does anyone if DFW own the Orions or another system with impressive dipole bass?

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 2009
      Just my opinion.

      I don't do dipole bass anymore, but one thing to be understood when dealing with this animal is that the lowest fundamental frequency that can be generated in a room by a dipole woofer depends on the room dimensions. http://www.landtime.com/perm/smallroomdipolebass.htm

      Ironic, considering that the bass that pure dipole woofers produce is somewhat immune to speaker - room interactions.

      From my experiments a few years ago, dipole bass is worthy (clean/dry sounding, if I had to pick an adjective), given the caveat above, for pure music applications, assuming you have enough power and driver displacement available. Possible to cheat a bit using a U, W, H baffle etc