Re: [dallasaudioclub] Re: New Member Here

  • Blair
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 6, 2009
      I use different preamps. Recently to keep things simple, I'm using a diy 2134 preamp. The only thing in my system I did nit build is the CD player:)

      I have a 6DJ8 battery preamp that will be for sale soon as well.

      Just give me a call whenever you want to come by.

      972-832-9169

      Blair

      On Dec 6, 2009, at 5:56 PM, Christopher Noble <chrisnobleplano@...> wrote:

      Barring an unforeseen event, I will take the amp.

      I have a Sonic Frontiers SLF-1 signature I can use as a preamp, as well as the preamp section of my Cambridge Audio integrated.  What are you using for a preamp?

      Christopher H. Noble
      214-558-6947

      On Dec 6, 2009, at 1:33 PM, Blair Chapman wrote:

      Hey Chris,

      Here are a few pictures. The tubes in it in the pictures are no longer with me. I sold them a while back, but I have a good quad of Svetlana 6550s I can supply. This amp is triode strappable, and delivers 60wpc in U/L and 30w in triode.

      You couldn't DIY this for less than $600 in parts not including tool work, etc., but I'm trying to clear out stock for some new gear.

      Where are you located?

      Let me know if you have any questions.

      Blair

      To: dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com
      From: chrisnobleplano@verizon.net
      Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 13:19:43 -0600
      Subject: Re: [dallasaudioclub] Re: New Member Here

      I'd like to see pictures of the amp

      Christopher H. Noble
      214-558-6947

      On Dec 6, 2009, at 1:17 PM, Blair wrote:

      If it is integrated i.e. Has a phono stage, then my amp is not a good candidate. I have a dual mono power amp for sale in maple and rosewood I'm asking $450 for it, but like I said, it is not a good candidate unless you plan to use a separate preamp. I can post pictures if you are interested.

      Blair

      On Dec 6, 2009, at 11:48 AM, "vondy21" <dvondenstein@gmail.com> wrote:

      "You specified Scott. Is there a reason?I have an amp that you are more
      > than welcome to audition for sale. It blows the Scott away in the WAF
      > department:)
      >
      > Blair"

      What are you selling?

      The integrated Scotts work very well with the Heritage Klipsch. And are relatively inexpensive. Find a cheap one, send off to nosvalves and have them overhaul it.

      Windows 7: Unclutter your desktop. Learn more.