New Member Here

  • vondy21
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 6, 2009
      Hi, new here to the group. I have been trying hard to find some sources in the DFW are for vintage equipment and thought this might be a good place to get some info. I have 2 Klipsch Heresey 1's from 1980 being powered by a HK 430 from the 70's. It's amazing how great these speakers sound through this amp. It blows away my Denon AVR. Next amp upgrade will be to tubes, Scott hopefully.

      I also have a Technics belt drive turntable I inherited from my mom. It's probably from the late 70's to early 80's.

      Been looking to replace the turntable, it's good but for a little money I could get a vintage Technics Direct Drive and improve. SL 1700/1800 Mk II or a 1200 if I can find one for a good price.

      Unfortunately I can't seem to find any type of vintage audio store in our entire giant metroplex. From time-to-time some equipment shows up in the vintage/antique store, LuLu B's, places on Industrial, etc. But none of those places really specialize in this so it's very random.

      The best bet seems to be Ebay but it's always nice to be able to look at something like a turntable before you buy. These are heavy as well and shipping is not cheap. Always keeping my eye on Craigslist as well but they seem pretty rare.

      Anyway, good to be here, if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

      Thanks!
    • Blair
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 6, 2009
        There are no stores in the metroplex that specialize in vintage gear that I know of. There are a few parts places, but that it about it.

        You specified Scott. Is there a reason?I have an amp that you are more than welcome to audition for sale. It blows the Scott away in the WAF department:)

        Blair

[...]

      • Nicholas Renter
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 6, 2009
          You may be able to find stuff at Forever Young records in Grand
          Prairie (way south on 360). They have equipment, but from what I've
          seen it's usually above average in price and below average in
          presented condition.

          - Nicholas

          Nicholas Renter
          Merrill DataSite - Regional Sales Director

          100 Crescent Court, Suite 1400
          Dallas, Texas 75201
          Main: (214) 754-2100 / Cell: (817) 313-1506 / Fax: (214) 754-5922

          e-Mail: nicholas.renter@... / Web: www.datasite.com

          ** Sent from my iPhone - Please forgive the brevity, misspellings, or
          generally poor grammar. **
        • vondy21
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 6, 2009
            "You specified Scott. Is there a reason?I have an amp that you are more
            > than welcome to audition for sale. It blows the Scott away in the WAF
            > department:)
            >
            > Blair"

            What are you selling?

            The integrated Scotts work very well with the Heritage Klipsch. And are relatively inexpensive. Find a cheap one, send off to nosvalves and have them overhaul it.
          • Blair
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 6, 2009
              If it is integrated i.e. Has a phono stage, then my amp is not a good candidate. I have a dual mono power amp for sale in maple and rosewood I'm asking $450 for it, but like I said, it is not a good candidate unless you plan to use a separate preamp. I can post pictures if you are interested.

              Blair

              On Dec 6, 2009, at 11:48 AM, "vondy21" <dvondenstein@...> wrote:

              "You specified Scott. Is there a reason?I have an amp that you are more
              > than welcome to audition for sale. It blows the Scott away in the WAF
              > department:)
              >
              > Blair"

              What are you selling?

              The integrated Scotts work very well with the Heritage Klipsch. And are relatively inexpensive. Find a cheap one, send off to nosvalves and have them overhaul it.

            • Christopher Noble
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 6, 2009
                I'd like to see pictures of the amp

                Christopher H. Noble
                214-558-6947

                On Dec 6, 2009, at 11:48 AM, "vondy21" <dvondenstein@ gmail.com> wrote:

                "You specified Scott. Is there a reason?I have an amp that you are more
                > than welcome to audition for sale. It blows the Scott away in the WAF
                > department:)
                >
                > Blair"

                What are you selling?

                The integrated Scotts work very well with the Heritage Klipsch. And are relatively inexpensive. Find a cheap one, send off to nosvalves and have them overhaul it.

              • Blair Chapman
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 6, 2009
                Hey Chris,

                Here are a few pictures. The tubes in it in the pictures are no longer with me. I sold them a while back, but I have a good quad of Svetlana 6550s I can supply. This amp is triode strappable, and delivers 60wpc in U/L and 30w in triode.

                You couldn't DIY this for less than $600 in parts not including tool work, etc., but I'm trying to clear out stock for some new gear.

                Where are you located?

                Let me know if you have any questions.

                Blair

                To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
                From: chrisnobleplano@...
                Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 13:19:43 -0600
                Subject: Re: [dallasaudioclub] Re: New Member Here

                I'd like to see pictures of the amp

                Christopher H. Noble
                214-558-6947

                On Dec 6, 2009, at 1:17 PM, Blair wrote:

                If it is integrated i.e. Has a phono stage, then my amp is not a good candidate. I have a dual mono power amp for sale in maple and rosewood I'm asking $450 for it, but like I said, it is not a good candidate unless you plan to use a separate preamp. I can post pictures if you are interested.

                Blair

                On Dec 6, 2009, at 11:48 AM, "vondy21" <dvondenstein@ gmail.com> wrote:

                "You specified Scott. Is there a reason?I have an amp that you are more
                > than welcome to audition for sale. It blows the Scott away in the WAF
                > department:)
                >
                > Blair"

                What are you selling?

                The integrated Scotts work very well with the Heritage Klipsch. And are relatively inexpensive. Find a cheap one, send off to nosvalves and have them overhaul it.

                Windows 7: Unclutter your desktop. Learn more.
              • Christopher Noble
                Message 8 of 11 , Dec 6, 2009
                  Thanks Blair.  The amp looks great and I would like to see it.

                  I live off Parker Road in Plano near Ohio.

                  Christopher H. Noble
                  214-558-6947

                  To: dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com
                  From: chrisnobleplano@verizon.net
                  Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 13:19:43 -0600

                  I'd like to see pictures of the amp

                  Christopher H. Noble
                  214-558-6947

                  On Dec 6, 2009, at 1:17 PM, Blair wrote:

                  If it is integrated i.e. Has a phono stage, then my amp is not a good candidate. I have a dual mono power amp for sale in maple and rosewood I'm asking $450 for it, but like I said, it is not a good candidate unless you plan to use a separate preamp. I can post pictures if you are interested.

                  Blair

                  On Dec 6, 2009, at 11:48 AM, "vondy21" <dvondenstein@ gmail.com> wrote:

                  "You specified Scott. Is there a reason?I have an amp that you are more
                  > than welcome to audition for sale. It blows the Scott away in the WAF
                  > department:)
                  >
                  > Blair"

                  What are you selling?

                  The integrated Scotts work very well with the Heritage Klipsch. And are relatively inexpensive. Find a cheap one, send off to nosvalves and have them overhaul it.

                  Windows 7: Unclutter your desktop. Learn more.

                • Steve
                  Message 9 of 11 , Dec 6, 2009
                    I have a Scott that works great with my Klipschorns!

                    Steve

                      From: chrisnobleplano@verizon.net
                      Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 13:19:43 -0600

                      Message 11 of 11 , Dec 6, 2009
                        I use different preamps. Recently to keep things simple, I'm using a diy 2134 preamp. The only thing in my system I did nit build is the CD player:)

                        I have a 6DJ8 battery preamp that will be for sale soon as well.

                        Just give me a call whenever you want to come by.

                        972-832-9169

                        Blair

                        To: dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com
                        From: chrisnobleplano@verizon.net