Line Arrays done PICs

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 30, 2009
    Hi All,

    The wife is at a live Eagles concert in DTS 5.1 in our living room. The G.I. Joe BlueRay exceeds anything I have heard so far with the two 18" subs.

    The sound is unbelievable, clean, undistorted, wait, I think my ears are bleeding. It's OK, they fell off.  AUDIO Nirvana!!!

    Thanks Dave for your help on the crossovers!! He crossed them @750 and 7.5K . The AA drivers are not working near as hard, but the bass is still there, 40HZ and below. I like this prototype, won't change a thing.

    Paul

    P.S.

    Blair, could you forward this to the DAC club. I am having problems getting on the site, thanks.

  • Blair Chapman
    Message 2 of 11 , Nov 30, 2009
      Now that is outdoing yourself!! Jesus, those look good!!

      I have to hear these soon.

      Blair

      From: musicman32150@...
      To: bill.w.brown@...; akhilble@...; dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com; danny.thai@...; davethomas@...; dave.thomas@...; hileman65@...; lee_roitberg@...; mdchilds@...; panterragroup@...; musicman32150@...; ryckebusch@...; texcurrier@...; blair_4@...; danny_thai.ametek@...; suestew@...; fredaudio@...; kidder@...; tattoo_stew@...
      Subject: Line Arrays done PICs
      Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:53:13 -0600

      Hi All,

      The wife is at a live Eagles concert in DTS 5.1 in our living room. The G.I. Joe BlueRay exceeds anything I have heard so far with the two 18" subs.

      The sound is unbelievable, clean, undistorted, wait, I think my ears are bleeding. It's OK, they fell off.  AUDIO Nirvana!!!

      Thanks Dave for your help on the crossovers!! He crossed them @750 and 7.5K . The AA drivers are not working near as hard, but the bass is still there, 40HZ and below. I like this prototype, won't change a thing.

      Paul

      P.S.

      Blair, could you forward this to the DAC club. I am having problems getting on the site, thanks.

    • David Noyes
      Message 3 of 11 , Nov 30, 2009

         WOW!   How much are the tickets??        8-)

        Message 4 of 11 , Nov 30, 2009
          Message
          Very nice...
          bet they sound awesome...

          Message 5 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009

            Just to correct one thing they are crossed at 825Hz and 5500Hz. I chose 5500Hz to minimize combing in the midrange line. Since the lines are of sufficient length to keep in you the nearfield of their polar response combing should be very minimal and for practical purposes inaudible. The line is SPL limited by the woofers line at around 130db and I would not recommend listening to them at this level.

            Here are measured responses I took during the design process. Below 300Hz is modeled because I measured these drivers indoors above that they are gated responses and should be very accurate. The woofer cabinet is tuned to 48Hz but since the line is so tall it couples with the room and will have response down into the 20Hz region.

            (See attached file: Paul Array AA Tang Band Dayton.GIF)
            Inactive hide details for Paul Stewart <musicman32150@...>Paul Stewart <musicman32150@...>

                    Paul Stewart <musicman32150@...>

                    11/30/2009 04:53 PM

            "Bill W (Sarge) Brown" <bill.w.brown@...>, Chris Paulson
            <akhilble@...>, DAC <dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com>, Danny Thia
            <danny.thai@...>, Dave Thomas <davethomas@...>, Dave Thomas
            <dave.thomas@...>, <hileman65@...>, <lee_roitberg@...>, Mark Childs <mdchilds@...>, "panterragroup@..." <panterragroup@...>, Paul Stewart
            <musicman32150@...>, "ryckebusch@..." <ryckebusch@...>, "texcurrier@..." <texcurrier@...>, Blair Chapman
            <blair_4@...>, <danny_thai.ametek@...>, David Stewart
            <suestew@...>, DIY Member <fredaudio@...>, Keith Kidder
            <kidder@...>, Shawn 1/1/6 Stewart239-601-3746
            <tattoo_stew@...>

            cc

            Subject

            Line Arrays done PICs

            Hi All,

            The wife is at a live Eagles concert in DTS 5.1 in our living room. The G.I. Joe BlueRay exceeds anything I have heard so far with the two 18" subs.

            The sound is unbelievable, clean, undistorted, wait, I think my ears are bleeding. It's OK, they fell off. AUDIO Nirvana!!!

            Thanks Dave for your help on the crossovers!! He crossed them @750 and 7.5K . The AA drivers are not working near as hard, but the bass is still there, 40HZ and below. I like this prototype, won't change a thing.

            Paul

            P.S.

            Blair, could you forward this to the DAC club. I am having problems getting on the site, thanks.

            Bing brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place. Try it now.[attachment "101_0001.JPG" deleted by Dave Thomas/NY-ROC/Ametek] [attachment "101_0003.JPG" deleted by Dave Thomas/NY-ROC/Ametek] [attachment "101_0005.JPG" deleted by Dave Thomas/NY-ROC/Ametek] [attachment "101_0006.JPG" deleted by Dave Thomas/NY-ROC/Ametek]

          • Blair Chapman
            Message 6 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
              Actually, that will make it difficult to enjoy the hobby for much longer. I suppose if you are looking for an out, this si the way to go, but it also limits dinner conversation :) Maybe if you are looking for an out, and an excuse to ignore your wife.

              Hey, this is all shaping up to look pretty good!

              Blair

              Subject: RE: Line Arrays done PICs
              Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 16:43:36 +0000
              From: bill.w.brown@...
              To: Dave.Thomas@...; musicman32150@...
              CC: blair_4@...; dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com; danny_thai.ametek@...; davethomas@...; fredaudio@...; hileman65@...; lee_roitberg@...; mdchilds@...; musicman32150@...; panterragroup@...; ryckebusch@...; musicman32150@...; texcurrier@...

              130db… now that is what I am talking about… that will make room vibrate when the tripods are coming out of the ground in “war of the worlds”

              Bill Brown

              North Texas ER team lead

              Cell  214-869-9266

              Desk 972-385-9014

[...]

              Windows Live Hotmail gives you a free,exclusive gift. Click here to download.
            • skrogh

                Message 8 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
                  Bill, check out that G.I. Joe BluRay, 80% action.

                  You can post on the HT forum, thanks.

[...]

                  Windows Live™ Hotmail is faster and more secure than ever. Learn more.
                • grampa...
                  Message 9 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009
                    Now that's what I call a WALL of sound. One photo now on the home page. Did I miss any mention of your rear channel set-up? Speaking of two subs, I now have that in my mini-theater room. Who would have thought two matched subs in a small room would have sounded different/better and... just more natural. Guess each sub has less work to do. jim...

                    Message 10 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009
                      Oh, I forgot about the rear, one of my favorites.

                      Paul

                      To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
                      From: jimrivers3@...
                      Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 13:35:59 +0000
                      Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: Line Arrays done PICs

                      Message 11 of 11 , Jan 4, 2010
                        Yeah, finally got high speed cable. Now I can see all y'all's pics. Happy New Year, everyone!