Re: So gents, ready for another meet?

    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
      It is an open invite for Audio Circle's North Texas Audio Jam if you
      wish. The host always has control of his own home and the format(s).
      You can invite guys at Audio Circle or I can later today. let me
      know. I'm swamped because of the computer crash and family stuff this
      morning. i've lost ALL my email lists of guys that have been coming
      but haven't joined our group.jim...
      --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Russ" <ranchodeaudio@c...>

    • jlsem@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
        In a message dated 1/17/05 8:53:18 AM Pacific Standard Time, ranchodeaudio@... writes:
        11am. BYOB.

        Wow.  You guys start early.

        John
      • Russ
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
          Hey, you'll NEED a drink just to deal with the BS some of these
          chumps spew. ;)

          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, jlsem@a... wrote:
          > In a message dated 1/17/05 8:53:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
          > ranchodeaudio@c... writes:
          >
          > 11am. BYOB.
          >
          > Wow. You guys start early.
          >
          > John
        • Russ
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
            Jim

            If you could just send the standard email to our group, I'll make a
            post over at AC.

            Cheers,
            Russ
          • tim nickerson
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
              Russ

              I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you are
              interested.

              Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
              variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.

              Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them out
              of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
              listen to them. Just an offer.

              Tim

              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                You REALLY need to bring those to my house for a week or two of safe
                keeping! 8:-) jim...
                --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim nickerson
                <tim_j_nickerson@y...> wrote:
                > Russ
                >
                > I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you are
                > interested.
                >
                > Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                > variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.
                >
                > Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them out
                > of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                > listen to them. Just an offer.
                >
                > Tim
              • Russ
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                  Tim, I would love to hear them, but I am VERY familar with the
                  beating of bringing gear to meet, only to have it used for just a few
                  minutes.

                  I'll leave it up to on this one, if you do bring them,
                  let's 'permanently' install them on something, say the Vandersteens?

                  I really don't plan on a lot of gear swapping in and out, speakers
                  sure, gear ehh...

                  Cheers,
                  Russ
                • tim nickerson
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                    Russ

                    What is the sensitivity of the Vandersteens?

                    Also, we need to BETTER define 'permanently' install
                    on
                    Vandersteens. :-)

                    I agree with your point of bringing gear to meet, only
                    to have it used for just a few minutes. Several
                    meetings I have been at I never did get to hear a lot
                    of the gear.

                    But, if you cna use them, I'll be glad to bring them.
                    Fairly easy to disconnect from my system. Carrying
                    weight is the only issue.

                    Tim

                    --- Russ <ranchodeaudio@...> wrote:

                    > Tim, I would love to hear them, but I am VERY
                    > familar with the
                    > beating of bringing gear to meet, only to have it
                    > used for just a few
                    > minutes.
                    >
                    > I'll leave it up to on this one, if you do bring
                    > them,
                    > let's 'permanently' install them on something, say
                    > the Vandersteens?
                    >
                    > I really don't plan on a lot of gear swapping in and
                    > out, speakers
                    > sure, gear ehh...
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    > Russ

                  • tim nickerson
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                      Jim

                      I've only been to several meetings but I have noticed
                      a 'trend'.
                      A piece of gear visits someone else's system and ...
                      it's gone...
                      Like a pair of 300B push pull amps you built. :-)

                      I'd like to discuss those with you and maybe a
                      schematic sketch.

                      Looking forward to Saturday.

                      Tim

                      --- "jim@..." <jim@...> wrote:

                      > You REALLY need to bring those to my house for a
                      > week or two of safe
                      > keeping! 8:-) jim...
                      > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim
                      > nickerson
                      > <tim_j_nickerson@y...> wrote:
                      > > Russ
                      > >
                      > > I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you
                      > are
                      > > interested.
                      > >
                      > > Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                      > > variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.
                      > >
                      > > Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them
                      > out
                      > > of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                      > > listen to them. Just an offer.
                      > >
                      > > Tim

                    • Russ
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 19, 2005
                        Around 90db for a good guess.

                        As far as the permanent install, meaning if you DO bring them over,
                        we'll hook them up on the Vandy's and they will STAY on the Vandy's
                        for the entire meet. You know, Ronco 'em.

                        Cheers,
                        Russ
                      • Russ
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 20, 2005
                          Tim,

                          The attendance is growing fairly steadily, as is the gear.

                          I say we 'save' the VTL's for another meet. Believe me, I want to
                          hear them, but I want to be able to spend a little time with them
                          too. I want to snuggle, hold, and caress them.

                          Right now, looks like there will be more gear than time. On that
                          note, I'm rearranging the layout, the 'cave' will be a lock, with the
                          best I have to offer - no swapping, no tweaking, just my best for
                          listening enjoyment.

                          Cheers,
                          Russ
                        • tim nickerson
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 23, 2005
                            Russ

                            I did not know you cared so much.
                            > Believe me, I want to
                            > hear them, but I want to be able to spend a little
                            > time with them too.
                            > I want to snuggle, hold, and caress them.!!

                            WOW

                            And I thought you were a Sand Amp kinda guy. :-)

                            Enjoyed the meet.
                            Thanks for hosting.

                            Tim