Re: So gents, ready for another meet?

  • Russ
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
      Lets do it, the 22nd it is.

      If this is an open invite to the North Texas Audio Jam also, let me
      know so I can plan the grub accordingly. BYOB, I'll pick up the soft
      drinks, and SOME suds.

      11am - whenever. Be there, or loose hair. I think I'm covered on
      pretty much everything, sources, etc. Maybe a couple more pairs of
      interconnects if someone wanted to bring something. That being said,
      feel free to bring whatever you want gear wise also, I'll have 3
      listening areas setup. I don't have any of my tables set up, but if
      someone wants to hear some vinyl, let me know and I'll get them setup.

      Room 1:
      Polk SDA SRS 2 w/ upgraded tweeters
      Vandersteen 2
      Carver TFM-45 375w solid state
      Parasound HCA-1000a THX 135w solid state
      Melos SHA-1 6922 Tube Line Amp
      AMC CD8B CDP
      MIT

      Room 2:
      PSB Century 800i
      Spendor 1/2
      Audire Crescendo 75w solid state
      Beard P-100 KT88 100w Tube push-pull
      Melos SHA-1 6922 Tube Line Amp
      AMC CD8B CDP
      Audio Alchemcy DAC / Jitter Reducer
      Audioquest / Signal Cable / PS Audio

      Room 3:
      Univeristy Triax
      Electrovoice Triax
      Polk Monitor 60
      Rat Shack Tuned Quarter Wave
      Radii MMP-01 Tube Line Amp
      Radii MPP-08 6BM8 8w Tube push-pull
      Dynaco SCA-35 Tube Integrated
      Marantz CD-63se CDP
      Chord / DH Labs / Signal Cable

      + much, MUCH more

      Addy: 5801 Hidden Pine Lane, McKinney 75070
      Phone: 214-287-7476

      Just northwest of 121 and 75.

      Cheers,
      Russ
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
        It is an open invite for Audio Circle's North Texas Audio Jam if you
        wish. The host always has control of his own home and the format(s).
        You can invite guys at Audio Circle or I can later today. let me
        know. I'm swamped because of the computer crash and family stuff this
        morning. i've lost ALL my email lists of guys that have been coming
        but haven't joined our group.jim...
        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Russ" <ranchodeaudio@c...>

      • jlsem@aol.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
          In a message dated 1/17/05 8:53:18 AM Pacific Standard Time, ranchodeaudio@... writes:
          11am. BYOB.

          Wow.  You guys start early.

          John
        • Russ
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
            Hey, you'll NEED a drink just to deal with the BS some of these
            chumps spew. ;)

            --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, jlsem@a... wrote:
            > In a message dated 1/17/05 8:53:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
            > ranchodeaudio@c... writes:
            >
            > 11am. BYOB.
            >
            > Wow. You guys start early.
            >
            > John
          • Russ
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
              Jim

              If you could just send the standard email to our group, I'll make a
              post over at AC.

              Cheers,
              Russ
            • tim nickerson
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                Russ

                I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you are
                interested.

                Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.

                Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them out
                of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                listen to them. Just an offer.

                Tim

                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                  You REALLY need to bring those to my house for a week or two of safe
                  keeping! 8:-) jim...
                  --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim nickerson
                  <tim_j_nickerson@y...> wrote:
                  > Russ
                  >
                  > I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you are
                  > interested.
                  >
                  > Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                  > variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.
                  >
                  > Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them out
                  > of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                  > listen to them. Just an offer.
                  >
                  > Tim
                • Russ
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                    Tim, I would love to hear them, but I am VERY familar with the
                    beating of bringing gear to meet, only to have it used for just a few
                    minutes.

                    I'll leave it up to on this one, if you do bring them,
                    let's 'permanently' install them on something, say the Vandersteens?

                    I really don't plan on a lot of gear swapping in and out, speakers
                    sure, gear ehh...

                    Cheers,
                    Russ
                  • tim nickerson
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                      Russ

                      What is the sensitivity of the Vandersteens?

                      Also, we need to BETTER define 'permanently' install
                      on
                      Vandersteens. :-)

                      I agree with your point of bringing gear to meet, only
                      to have it used for just a few minutes. Several
                      meetings I have been at I never did get to hear a lot
                      of the gear.

                      But, if you cna use them, I'll be glad to bring them.
                      Fairly easy to disconnect from my system. Carrying
                      weight is the only issue.

                      Tim

                      --- Russ <ranchodeaudio@...> wrote:

                      > Tim, I would love to hear them, but I am VERY
                      > familar with the
                      > beating of bringing gear to meet, only to have it
                      > used for just a few
                      > minutes.
                      >
                      > I'll leave it up to on this one, if you do bring
                      > them,
                      > let's 'permanently' install them on something, say
                      > the Vandersteens?
                      >
                      > I really don't plan on a lot of gear swapping in and
                      > out, speakers
                      > sure, gear ehh...
                      >
                      > Cheers,
                      > Russ

                    • tim nickerson
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                        Jim

                        I've only been to several meetings but I have noticed
                        a 'trend'.
                        A piece of gear visits someone else's system and ...
                        it's gone...
                        Like a pair of 300B push pull amps you built. :-)

                        I'd like to discuss those with you and maybe a
                        schematic sketch.

                        Looking forward to Saturday.

                        Tim

                        --- "jim@..." <jim@...> wrote:

                        > You REALLY need to bring those to my house for a
                        > week or two of safe
                        > keeping! 8:-) jim...
                        > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim
                        > nickerson
                        > <tim_j_nickerson@y...> wrote:
                        > > Russ
                        > >
                        > > I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you
                        > are
                        > > interested.
                        > >
                        > > Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                        > > variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.
                        > >
                        > > Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them
                        > out
                        > > of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                        > > listen to them. Just an offer.
                        > >
                        > > Tim

                      • Russ
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 19, 2005
                          Around 90db for a good guess.

                          As far as the permanent install, meaning if you DO bring them over,
                          we'll hook them up on the Vandy's and they will STAY on the Vandy's
                          for the entire meet. You know, Ronco 'em.

                          Cheers,
                          Russ
                        • Russ
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 20, 2005
                            Tim,

                            The attendance is growing fairly steadily, as is the gear.

                            I say we 'save' the VTL's for another meet. Believe me, I want to
                            hear them, but I want to be able to spend a little time with them
                            too. I want to snuggle, hold, and caress them.

                            Right now, looks like there will be more gear than time. On that
                            note, I'm rearranging the layout, the 'cave' will be a lock, with the
                            best I have to offer - no swapping, no tweaking, just my best for
                            listening enjoyment.

                            Cheers,
                            Russ
                          • tim nickerson
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 23, 2005
                              Russ

                              I did not know you cared so much.
                              > Believe me, I want to
                              > hear them, but I want to be able to spend a little
                              > time with them too.
                              > I want to snuggle, hold, and caress them.!!

                              WOW

                              And I thought you were a Sand Amp kinda guy. :-)

                              Enjoyed the meet.
                              Thanks for hosting.

                              Tim