RE: [dallasaudioclub] This past Saturday's Meet

  • skrogh
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 24, 2009
      I uploaded the plans and specs and pictures of the Usher/Peerless 2-ways on
      the PE forum.

      Steve

      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?t=211190&highlight=usher+pe
      erless

    • Blair
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 24, 2009
        I had a nice writeup yesterday, and lost it to a yahoo bug. Rather than writing it over on my phone, I'll just say that I had a blast and thanks everyone foe your participation. I uploaded some poor resolution pics and changed the home page picture.

        Blair

        On Aug 23, 2009, at 12:50 PM, "jktdet" <dave.thomas@...> wrote:

        What an awesome event... not sure the final count but there must have been at least a couple of dozen great sounding loudspeaker systems, great DIY amps and preamps. Amazing some of the DIY loudspeaker systems that were there.

        I really look forward to seeing all the pics posted up on this site.

        Not sure of what my favorite was but the budget Focal/HiVi monitors were amazing for the price that was invested. The Statements sounding incredible and at 6' tall were very impressive. Paul's tower with 4 woofers and dipole midrange and ribbon tweeter was clearly a DIY effort that would rival commercial loudspeakers in the $25K range for less than $1500. Oh and the woodworking and exotic woods made them look like $25K loudspeakers. Zaph's BAMTM is just an all around top notch loudspeaker.

        The chipamp are just dumbfounding how for less than $125.00 you can get that much power and clean sound. Blair's 6550 monobloc were the best DIY effor I have seen of a parallel output tube amp I have seen and they were just whisper quiet. The little 2020 tripath amp was absolutely georgeous.

        Plus I was amazed at the turn out there had to be at least 35 folks milling around. Also glad to hear the interest in DIY electronic crossovers. I think there could be a ton of fun had in impelementing these and the technology is fairly simple for the average DIYer.

        If you missed this event you probably missed the best event I have attended. Just amazing what the guys can do with a little ingenuity.

        Dave

      • James Dolan
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 24, 2009
          sorry i missed...i just...could not....make myself....drive...from oak cliff...to allen.....

          maybe next time

          Jim Dolan
          Professional Coach to Legal and Medical Professionals
          Psychotherapist

          6310 LBJ Freeway, Suite 213
          Dallas Texas 75240

          vm-972 934 1283
          mobile 214 629 6315
          www.coach4lawyers.net
          www.coach4pros.blogspot.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 24, 2009
            > I uploaded the plans and specs and pictures of the Usher/Peerless
            > 2-ways on
            > the PE forum.
            >
            > Steve
            >
            > http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?t=211190&highligh