Re: So gents, ready for another meet?

    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
      Hello Russ and all, My computer blew up. LiterallY. I lost
      everything. That was last Thursday. I'm set up with a new 'puter now.
      Actually, I would like for those who were on my private email to send
      me a message so I can add you to my address book. So, Russ, are we on
      for Saturday? We need to set things up? Time? Food? Audio?Thanks
      jim...
      --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Russ" <ranchodeaudio@c...>
      wrote:

      > I'm thinking about having it on a Saturday, in the next 2-3 weeks.
      >
      > Thoughts? Lots of new goodies to listen to.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Russ
    • Russ
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
        Lets do it, the 22nd it is.

        If this is an open invite to the North Texas Audio Jam also, let me
        know so I can plan the grub accordingly. BYOB, I'll pick up the soft
        drinks, and SOME suds.

        11am - whenever. Be there, or loose hair. I think I'm covered on
        pretty much everything, sources, etc. Maybe a couple more pairs of
        interconnects if someone wanted to bring something. That being said,
        feel free to bring whatever you want gear wise also, I'll have 3
        listening areas setup. I don't have any of my tables set up, but if
        someone wants to hear some vinyl, let me know and I'll get them setup.

        Room 1:
        Polk SDA SRS 2 w/ upgraded tweeters
        Vandersteen 2
        Carver TFM-45 375w solid state
        Parasound HCA-1000a THX 135w solid state
        Melos SHA-1 6922 Tube Line Amp
        AMC CD8B CDP
        MIT

        Room 2:
        PSB Century 800i
        Spendor 1/2
        Audire Crescendo 75w solid state
        Beard P-100 KT88 100w Tube push-pull
        Melos SHA-1 6922 Tube Line Amp
        AMC CD8B CDP
        Audio Alchemcy DAC / Jitter Reducer
        Audioquest / Signal Cable / PS Audio

        Room 3:
        Univeristy Triax
        Electrovoice Triax
        Polk Monitor 60
        Rat Shack Tuned Quarter Wave
        Radii MMP-01 Tube Line Amp
        Radii MPP-08 6BM8 8w Tube push-pull
        Dynaco SCA-35 Tube Integrated
        Marantz CD-63se CDP
        Chord / DH Labs / Signal Cable

        + much, MUCH more

        Addy: 5801 Hidden Pine Lane, McKinney 75070
        Phone: 214-287-7476

        Just northwest of 121 and 75.

        Cheers,
        Russ
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
          It is an open invite for Audio Circle's North Texas Audio Jam if you
          wish. The host always has control of his own home and the format(s).
          You can invite guys at Audio Circle or I can later today. let me
          know. I'm swamped because of the computer crash and family stuff this
          morning. i've lost ALL my email lists of guys that have been coming
          but haven't joined our group.jim...

        • jlsem@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
            In a message dated 1/17/05 8:53:18 AM Pacific Standard Time, ranchodeaudio@... writes:
            11am. BYOB.

            Wow.  You guys start early.

            John
          • Russ
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
              Hey, you'll NEED a drink just to deal with the BS some of these
              chumps spew. ;)

              --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, jlsem@a... wrote:
              > In a message dated 1/17/05 8:53:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
              > ranchodeaudio@c... writes:
              >
              > 11am. BYOB.
              >
              > Wow. You guys start early.
              >
              > John
            • Russ
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
                Jim

                If you could just send the standard email to our group, I'll make a
                post over at AC.

                Cheers,
                Russ
              • tim nickerson
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                  Russ

                  I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you are
                  interested.

                  Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                  variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.

                  Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them out
                  of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                  listen to them. Just an offer.

                  Tim

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                    You REALLY need to bring those to my house for a week or two of safe
                    keeping! 8:-) jim...
                    --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim nickerson
                    <tim_j_nickerson@y...> wrote:
                    > Russ
                    >
                    > I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you are
                    > interested.
                    >
                    > Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                    > variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.
                    >
                    > Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them out
                    > of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                    > listen to them. Just an offer.
                    >
                    > Tim
                  • Russ
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                      Tim, I would love to hear them, but I am VERY familar with the
                      beating of bringing gear to meet, only to have it used for just a few
                      minutes.

                      I'll leave it up to on this one, if you do bring them,
                      let's 'permanently' install them on something, say the Vandersteens?

                      I really don't plan on a lot of gear swapping in and out, speakers
                      sure, gear ehh...

                      Cheers,
                      Russ
                    • tim nickerson
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                        Russ

                        What is the sensitivity of the Vandersteens?

                        Also, we need to BETTER define 'permanently' install
                        on
                        Vandersteens. :-)

                        I agree with your point of bringing gear to meet, only
                        to have it used for just a few minutes. Several
                        meetings I have been at I never did get to hear a lot
                        of the gear.

                        But, if you cna use them, I'll be glad to bring them.
                        Fairly easy to disconnect from my system. Carrying
                        weight is the only issue.

                        Tim

                        --- Russ <ranchodeaudio@...> wrote:

                        > Tim, I would love to hear them, but I am VERY
                        > familar with the
                        > beating of bringing gear to meet, only to have it
                        > used for just a few
                        > minutes.
                        >
                        > I'll leave it up to on this one, if you do bring
                        > them,
                        > let's 'permanently' install them on something, say
                        > the Vandersteens?
                        >
                        > I really don't plan on a lot of gear swapping in and
                        > out, speakers
                        > sure, gear ehh...
                        >
                        > Cheers,
                        > Russ

                      • tim nickerson
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                          Jim

                          I've only been to several meetings but I have noticed
                          a 'trend'.
                          A piece of gear visits someone else's system and ...
                          it's gone...
                          Like a pair of 300B push pull amps you built. :-)

                          I'd like to discuss those with you and maybe a
                          schematic sketch.

                          Looking forward to Saturday.

                          Tim

                          --- "jim@..." <jim@...> wrote:

                          > You REALLY need to bring those to my house for a
                          > week or two of safe
                          > keeping! 8:-) jim...
                          > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim
                          > nickerson
                          > <tim_j_nickerson@y...> wrote:
                          > > Russ
                          > >
                          > > I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you
                          > are
                          > > interested.
                          > >
                          > > Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                          > > variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.
                          > >
                          > > Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them
                          > out
                          > > of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                          > > listen to them. Just an offer.
                          > >
                          > > Tim

                        • Russ
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 19, 2005
                            Around 90db for a good guess.

                            As far as the permanent install, meaning if you DO bring them over,
                            we'll hook them up on the Vandy's and they will STAY on the Vandy's
                            for the entire meet. You know, Ronco 'em.

                            Cheers,
                            Russ
                          • Russ
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 20, 2005
                              Tim,

                              The attendance is growing fairly steadily, as is the gear.

                              I say we 'save' the VTL's for another meet. Believe me, I want to
                              hear them, but I want to be able to spend a little time with them
                              too. I want to snuggle, hold, and caress them.

                              Right now, looks like there will be more gear than time. On that
                              note, I'm rearranging the layout, the 'cave' will be a lock, with the
                              best I have to offer - no swapping, no tweaking, just my best for
                              listening enjoyment.

                              Cheers,
                              Russ
                            • tim nickerson
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 23, 2005
                                Russ

                                I did not know you cared so much.
                                > Believe me, I want to
                                > hear them, but I want to be able to spend a little
                                > time with them too.
                                > I want to snuggle, hold, and caress them.!!

                                WOW

                                And I thought you were a Sand Amp kinda guy. :-)

                                Enjoyed the meet.
                                Thanks for hosting.

                                Tim