Re: [dallasaudioclub] Re: New Home Page photo

  • tim nickerson
    Message 1 of 10 , May 28, 2009
      Jim

      Lunch in Arlington today at noon.
      Can you make it??

      Jim - appreciate all you have done for DAC and helping me.

      Tim
      Joined the Leisure Club !!!!

      Message 2 of 10 , May 28, 2009
        Jim, Jim,

        Who says you have to eat them all at once?

        This may be an opportunity for you to try 113 different resturants!

        [;-0)

        The mountains of NC are peaceful, and we are blessed with some really great FM stations, but sometimes we miss those "big city lights" (and delights!).

        Congrats on all you've done for the DAC.

        We only wish we knew you when we used to live here.

        PS - There used to be a Chinese restaurant in the DFW area named "Big
        Wong's." I (Tim) was wondering if they were still around? I
        spent a lot of money eating there, but much to my chagrin, my
        lovely bride always delighted in telling me I was throwing my
        money away ;-(

        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "jimrivers3" <jimrivers3@...> wrote:

        > Great Idea Ka,
        > 114 members. That's 113 free lunches! Just kidding. jim...
        >
        > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, Ka <ka@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I think every one should invite Jim to lunch in this public forum
        > > to show appreciation.
        > > A big thanks to him for starting the DAC!
        > >
        > > Ka
      • Ka
        Message 3 of 10 , May 28, 2009
          I remember Big Wong on Fitzhugh in the early 80's one the handful good Chinese restaurant
          in Dallas then, it was burned down and later reopen as New Big Wong, quality also went down hill.
          Since then many good Chinese restaurant has opened.

          Jim,
          We should do a Dynaco party, I am going to have 2 ST70s, with 2 different front end boards,
          will be interested to hear them side by side to your much updated originals.

          Ka

          On May 28, 2009, at 8:30 PM, Tim Britt & Ann Weatherwax wrote:

          Jim, Jim,

          Who says you have to eat them all at once?

          This may be an opportunity for you to try 113 different resturants!

          [;-0)

          The mountains of NC are peaceful, and we are blessed with some really great FM stations, but sometimes we miss those "big city lights" (and delights!).

          Congrats on all you've done for the DAC.

          We only wish we knew you when we used to live here.

          PS - There used to be a Chinese restaurant in the DFW area named "Big
          Wong's." I (Tim) was wondering if they were still around? I
          spent a lot of money eating there, but much to my chagrin, my
          lovely bride always delighted in telling me I was throwing my
          money away ;-(

          --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "jimrivers3" <jimrivers3@ ...> wrote:

          > Great Idea Ka,
          > 114 members. That's 113 free lunches! Just kidding. jim...
          >
          > --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, Ka <ka@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I think every one should invite Jim to lunch in this public forum
          > > to show appreciation.
          > > A big thanks to him for starting the DAC!
          > >
          > > Ka

        • Blair
          Message 4 of 10 , May 28, 2009
            I have a pair of DIYTUBE Poseidon monoblocks on roids!

            Blair

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 11, 2009

              I'm moving houses in the next month or so and would rather sell this sub and build somethign else later on than deal with moving it (probably 100 lb at least). This is made of 1/2" MDF and I never bothered to flush trim the sides (though I can, in a couple of minutes) or finish it (currently raw MDF).

              Asking $200 FIRM for it. No amplification provided though just about any cheap 100 watt plate amp will be more than enough. Strong to 25 Hz with output below that and is more an effects type sub than something musical, though it will work for both purposes.

              Located in Plano