New Home Page photo

  • jimrivers3
    Message 1 of 10 , May 28, 2009
      Ken Valliant's recent wall mount vinyl system. jim...
    • jimrivers3
      Message 2 of 10 , May 28, 2009

        Hi Blair,
          Sorry for the public mistake of sending private emails. I'm deleting them as fast as they pop up. Including trailers. They were not meant to be public.

        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, Blair <blair_4@...> wrote:

        > I see nothing wrong with them corresponding this way. It's not like
        > this is happening during the middle of an in depth conversation about
        > driver phase tracking. ;)
        >
        > Blair

      • Blair
        Message 3 of 10 , May 28, 2009
          It's all good in my book. Have fun at the sushi joint. Simon's is pretty decent, but Sushi Rock off park and 75 is a bit better IMO.

          Blair

          On May 28, 2009, at 10:09 AM, "jimrivers3" <jimrivers3@...> wrote:

          Hi Blair,
            Sorry for the public mistake of sending private emails. I'm deleting them as fast as they pop up. Including trailers. They were not meant to be public.

          --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, Blair <blair_4@...> wrote:

          > I see nothing wrong with them corresponding this way. It's not like
          > this is happening during the middle of an in depth conversation about
          > driver phase tracking. ;)
          >
          > Blair

        • Ka
          Message 4 of 10 , May 28, 2009
            I think every one should invite Jim to lunch in this public forum to show appreciation.
            A big thanks to him for starting the DAC!

            Ka

            On May 28, 2009, at 9:48 AM, Via wrote:

            If you are going to invite one person publicly on the group, you should invite everyone and pick up the tab.

            Via

            From: jimrivers3@yahoo. com
            Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 11:41:01 +0000
            Subject: [dallasaudioclub] New Home Page photo

            Ken Valliant's recent wall mount vinyl system. jim...

            Insert movie times and more without leaving Hotmail®. See how.

          • jimrivers3
            Message 5 of 10 , May 28, 2009
              Great Idea Ka,
              114 members. That's 113 free lunches! Just kidding. jim...

              --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, Ka <ka@...> wrote:

              > I think every one should invite Jim to lunch in this public forum to
              > show appreciation.
              > A big thanks to him for starting the DAC!
              >
              > Ka

            • tim nickerson
              Message 6 of 10 , May 28, 2009
                Jim

                Lunch in Arlington today at noon.
                Can you make it??

                Jim - appreciate all you have done for DAC and helping me.

                Tim
                Joined the Leisure Club !!!!

                114 members. That's 113 free lunches! Just kidding. jim...

                --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, Ka <ka@...> wrote:

                > I think every one should invite Jim to lunch in this public forum to
                > show appreciation.
                > A big thanks to him for starting the DAC!
                >
                > Ka

              • Tim Britt & Ann Weatherwax
                Message 7 of 10 , May 28, 2009
                  Jim, Jim,

                  Who says you have to eat them all at once?

                  This may be an opportunity for you to try 113 different resturants!

                  [;-0)

                  The mountains of NC are peaceful, and we are blessed with some really great FM stations, but sometimes we miss those "big city lights" (and delights!).

                  Congrats on all you've done for the DAC.

                  We only wish we knew you when we used to live here.

                  PS - There used to be a Chinese restaurant in the DFW area named "Big
                  Wong's." I (Tim) was wondering if they were still around? I
                  spent a lot of money eating there, but much to my chagrin, my
                  lovely bride always delighted in telling me I was throwing my
                  money away ;-(

                  --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "jimrivers3" <jimrivers3@...> wrote:

                  > Great Idea Ka,
                  > 114 members. That's 113 free lunches! Just kidding. jim...
                  >
                  > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, Ka <ka@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I think every one should invite Jim to lunch in this public forum
                  > > to show appreciation.
                  > > A big thanks to him for starting the DAC!
                  > >
                  > > Ka
                • Ka
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 28, 2009
                    I remember Big Wong on Fitzhugh in the early 80's one the handful good Chinese restaurant
                    in Dallas then, it was burned down and later reopen as New Big Wong, quality also went down hill.
                    Since then many good Chinese restaurant has opened.

                    Jim,
                    We should do a Dynaco party, I am going to have 2 ST70s, with 2 different front end boards,
                    will be interested to hear them side by side to your much updated originals.

                    Ka

                    On May 28, 2009, at 8:30 PM, Tim Britt & Ann Weatherwax wrote:

                    Jim, Jim,

                    Who says you have to eat them all at once?

                    This may be an opportunity for you to try 113 different resturants!

                    [;-0)

                    The mountains of NC are peaceful, and we are blessed with some really great FM stations, but sometimes we miss those "big city lights" (and delights!).

                    Congrats on all you've done for the DAC.

                    We only wish we knew you when we used to live here.

                    PS - There used to be a Chinese restaurant in the DFW area named "Big
                    Wong's." I (Tim) was wondering if they were still around? I
                    spent a lot of money eating there, but much to my chagrin, my
                    lovely bride always delighted in telling me I was throwing my
                    money away ;-(

                    --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "jimrivers3" <jimrivers3@ ...> wrote:

                    > Great Idea Ka,
                    > 114 members. That's 113 free lunches! Just kidding. jim...
                    >
                    > --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, Ka <ka@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I think every one should invite Jim to lunch in this public forum
                    > > to show appreciation.
                    > > A big thanks to him for starting the DAC!
                    > >
                    > > Ka

                  • Blair
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 28, 2009
                      I have a pair of DIYTUBE Poseidon monoblocks on roids!

                      Blair

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 11, 2009

                        I'm moving houses in the next month or so and would rather sell this sub and build somethign else later on than deal with moving it (probably 100 lb at least). This is made of 1/2" MDF and I never bothered to flush trim the sides (though I can, in a couple of minutes) or finish it (currently raw MDF).

                        Asking $200 FIRM for it. No amplification provided though just about any cheap 100 watt plate amp will be more than enough. Strong to 25 Hz with output below that and is more an effects type sub than something musical, though it will work for both purposes.

                        Located in Plano