What is the Dallas Audio Club?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2005
      Just to be sure I understand, there are two groups of marginaly
      insane audio nuts in the DFW area, and this is the one that's
      oriented toward listening to music with a secondary interest in the
      gear? The other (which I assume has some crossover members) is more
      oriented toward diy tube gear, kinda like the Lone Star Bottleheads?
      Is this correct?

      I can definitely bring some music that a few people probably haven't
      heard, like some disks by Galactic, a New Orleans funk group I heard
      live last month, plus a couple of really good and listenable (the
      music gurus call this kind of music "accessible") classical disks. I
      can also toss my new budget line array speakers into the back of the
      truck if there's any interest in hearing them.

      Jim, great reviews of the tuners! I saw the Mitsubishi one and
      realized that's the model I'm using in my upstairs system.
    • budandfun
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 15, 2005
        Hey Fred, I would love to hear your arrays!!! Please please bring
        them. :-)

        bear-hifi

        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <fredaudio@h...>
        wrote:

        > Just to be sure I understand, there are two groups of marginaly
        > insane audio nuts in the DFW area, and this is the one that's
        > oriented toward listening to music with a secondary interest in
        the
        > gear? The other (which I assume has some crossover members) is
        more
        > oriented toward diy tube gear, kinda like the Lone Star
        Bottleheads?
        > Is this correct?
        >
        > I can definitely bring some music that a few people probably
        haven't
        > heard, like some disks by Galactic, a New Orleans funk group I
        heard
        > live last month, plus a couple of really good and listenable (the
        > music gurus call this kind of music "accessible") classical disks.
        > can also toss my new budget line array speakers into the back of
        the
        > truck if there's any interest in hearing them.
        >
        > Jim, great reviews of the tuners! I saw the Mitsubishi one and
        > realized that's the model I'm using in my upstairs system.
      • Russ
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 16, 2005
          Fred, we like music and gear. How can you like one and not the other?

          There's usually a good variety of pretty much any type of gear you
          can think of.

          Cheers,
          Russ
        • Fred Thompson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 16, 2005
            Thanks for the clarification. I'm now scheduled for the LS Botts on Feb 5 and the Houston hi end group on the 12th (Alternating between hearing $600 speakers at one group and $60,000 ones at the other is causing me some mental anguish - Guess I need to hear some of Johan's $1,800 horns that sound like $18,000 horns for a real mind bender). If you meet any Sat other than those I'll be there.